Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vailjeannie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Public record
    I have a public record on my credit report.
    This was a landlord/tenant filing. We took care of this before the courts got involved.
    The landlord went to the court house and dismissed this judgement.
    However,it is still showing on my report as a negative.
    HELP... :confused:
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Go to the courthouse, obtain an official court stamped copy of the satisfaction of or dismissal of the judgment.

The credit bureaus have specific procedures for disputes. Contact the bureau that this shows up on and find out the EXACT procedure they require and follow their instructions to the T.

This should take care of it.

Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find free public record of my bankruptcy/discharge [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find my free bankruptcy records online? Thank you for your help.

Removing a Judgment from Credit Report & Public Record [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am in the midst of trying to clean up my credit report, get inaccurate things off and update current derrogatory info. I intend to disput everything I possibly can. However what concerns me most is a judgment on my report and its public record (placed in 2004). Is there anyway that I...

Getting a Judgement off my public record [ 2 Answers ]

:( We are trying to get approved for a new trailer. Our title company did a search and found some judgments that we did not know we had. We have taken care of all but 1. This company has not responded to any of our inquiry's. It has been almost 2 months now and still nothing. This judgement was not...

View more questions Search