Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweet_2_u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Getting a Judgement off my public record
    :( We are trying to get approved for a new trailer. Our title company did a search and found some judgments that we did not know we had. We have taken care of all but 1. This company has not responded to any of our inquiry's. It has been almost 2 months now and still nothing. This judgement was not on our credit report, just on public record. What can we do about getting it taken off our record at the courthouse if this company never responds. It's holding everything up and until we get this settled we can't close on the loan.
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Have you confirmed the company is still in existence? Have you tried sending them a certified letter Return Receipt Requested? Have you asked the court what would be the procedure if they don't respond?
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Dec 20, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Scott's advice to ask the court about their procedure involving a creditor who doesn't repond should be the first thing that you do. In many cases the lender will fund the loan if you deposit enough money to satisfy the judgment with the title company for them to remit to the creditor. Ask your lender to see if this will work. In most states the law requires the creditor to fill out a Satisfaction of Judgment and send it to the court, where it is processed, and then should be recorded in the county record, so that the world knows that the debt has been satisfied. Far too many creditors are lazy, and fail to do this. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find free public record of my bankruptcy/discharge [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find my free bankruptcy records online? Thank you for your help.

Removing a Judgment from Credit Report & Public Record [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am in the midst of trying to clean up my credit report, get inaccurate things off and update current derrogatory info. I intend to disput everything I possibly can. However what concerns me most is a judgment on my report and its public record (placed in 2004). Is there anyway that I...

Where To Ask The Public For Support? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have heard that some people have gone online and asked others for help with paying for a laptop, or computer, when they do not have much money themselves. Like on forums etc... I wanted to know if there are any sites that are meant for that purpose... or where can I go to ask for...

View more questions Search