Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I hate mr elliott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Week to week rental law
    Hello, I have been renting a room in the house of a man who is not legally allowed to rent rooms. He has been verbally abusive and sometimes has threatned me with physical abuse.. he threatens to kick me out all the time. I pay bi-weekly and have never been late on my rent..
    Because he the landlord is so mean I think it best for me to move out. However lack of money prevents me from doing so. Now the landlord wants to evict me and in telling me this I have told him than he shall get no money from me and that I will stay until the eviction goes through(if ever it does.) How long do I have and what are my rights? Do I have a week or two weeks or do I get 30 days? There is no lease... but I did maintain all my reciepts. I have one receipt where I actually paid for a full month... please someone let me know. My landlord is also apid informant.. a narc so to speak.. peole are afraid of him because he has ruined so many peoples lives.. please help Asap
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by I hate mr elliott
    hello, i have been renting a room in the house of a man who is not legally allowed to rent rooms. he has been verbally abusive and sometimes has threatned me with physical abuse.. he threatens to kick me out all the time. I pay bi-weekly and have never been late on my rent..
    because he the landlord is so mean I think it best for me to move out. however lack of money prevents me from doing so. now the landlord wants to evict me and in telling me this I have told him than he shall get no money from me and that I will stay until the eviction goes through(if ever it does.) How long do I have and what are my rights? do I have a week or two weeks or do I get 30 days? there is no lease... but I did maintain all my reciepts. I have one reciept where I actually paid for a full month... please somone let me know. my landlord is also apid informant.. a narc so to speak.. peole are afraid of him because he has ruined so many peoples lives.. please help Asap
    If you are sure he is not allowed to let rooms, you can used that against him by threatening to pass that info to the police. Just to get you some honest deal .
    Sorry, but I have no idea about your rights on rental and eviction.
    Hope you get proper advice from someone in US on that.
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One week N/C [ 3 Answers ]

Sooo this has been my first week with no contact with my ex, when I told him last week I wanted us to stop having any contact he was gutted but said if that was what I wanted he would stick with it but that he would miss me too much, even though I know it is best that he has not tried calling or...

Only one week! [ 2 Answers ]

I have 6 days until spring break.. and I'm not overweight but I've noticed that I've become a little bit flabby. I'm not concerned with the number on the scale, but is there any way to lose part of the flab in such short time? Its mostly just around my mid-section on my tummy and love handles.....

What is with this week? [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone else been having a drama-filled week? UGH I just need to rant a little bit... Too start, my ex and I have been on talking terms again.. no arguments for a while, and I was getting to like him (not in a way to get back, just seeing the guy I fell for in the begining). At one point he...

One more week [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I just had to make a new post... :rolleyes: My Dr appt went really well today. The u/s and weight assessment was about five and a half pounds for each of the babies. I'm at three cm and it really doesn't look like I'm going to be progressing into labor anytime soon... :( Sooooo... I'm going...

4 week old puppies [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 week old Alaskan Malamute puppies and the mom doesn't always let them nurse for long. I would like to know if it is OK to let the pups start eating puppy chow? They all have teeth.

View more questions Search