Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red grasshopper12 Posts: 238, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Stay together
    Can you live together have children (but not get married.)
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 24, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Yes why not? A lot of people doit now
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 08:42 PM
    You can, yes. Be aware that many states no longer recognize common-law marriages, which means that legally you may not be each other's next-of-kin, which may cause legal problems in life. For example, if your partner is in an accident and gets taken to the hospital, the parents may be the ones calling the shots on medical treatment, not you. Etc. I'm not sure how it affects the offspring of the union, and whether there are any legal hoops you will have to jump through there to get the rights that marriage would give you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Yes, it's a common practice nowadays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I stay or go? [ 6 Answers ]

Why is it that when we find the love of our life, we don't know any other life or way? I honestly know that I have found the love of my life but I don't think after 2 kids and almost 4 years later that there is any hope for the 2 of us? Unless something drastically changes. I have tried and...

Should I Stay or should I go? [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently involved in a gay relationship with a man older than I. We had been seeing each other for about eight months and everything seemed to be going OK. We are both still in the closet so it worked since I never met his friends and he never met mine. We both kept our relationship a secret...

Should I stay or go [ 4 Answers ]

After trust issues and lack of communication between my boyfriend and I, and decided to go away from the relationship. We were together for two and half years, we got engaged and started begging our life together. Evething was going perfect until he started forgetting about me he'll come from work...

I want her out but I want to stay [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just signed a 12 month lease with my roommate. My parents happen to be the co-signers because we had no credit. I didn't realize how much my roommate likes to party. She is consistently drinking and doing drugs like it is no big deal. New Years day she didn't even show up to work to...

Should I stay or should I go? [ 16 Answers ]

I've been married to my husband for a little over a year. We have 5 children between us. I have 1 boy and he has 4 girls. I think they're part of the reason I've stayed (I know that's never a good idea). I love my husband, but lately I'm frustrated, and completely losing interest in making my...

View more questions Search