Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2008, 05:47 AM
    Leaking milk
    I am 30 weeks pregnant and when I woke up this moring my breast started leaking milk and it was a lot already twice this moring is this normal? And also they are also really really sore
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Mar 24, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Yes this is normal if this is not your 1st baby its very normal my boobs started leaking a little bit from week 18 of my current pregnancy this will be my 2nd child it can start as early as 4 weeks if it isn't your first baby!!
    I am now currently 25 weeks and it only happens now and again

Mar 24, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Are they any thing you can do to help them start hurting
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Your breasts are gearing up for the impending birth of baby, its perfectly normal for them to start leaking on occasion(especially if you get sexually excited, or hear a baby crying, hah) They are constantly growing and filling out, so the ache throughout pregnancy and in the beginning weeks/months of breastfeeding is normal. While pregnant, wearing a snug fitting bra can help with the discomfort, if it gets really bad, and occasional tylenol(with lots of water) may help. However, if it's that painful, you might want to talk to your doctor about it. Unfortunately its one of those things that you basically just have to grit your teeth and wait it out.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 12:19 PM
    I agree with the other posters, although you can insert a breast pad into your bra so your shirt doesn't get wet from this. The pain comes and goes. This is totally normal! Congrats on your pregnancy!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 12:21 PM
    You are actually leaking colostrum, not milk. This is what precedes the milk and is the healthiest for baby when breastfeeding.

This is quite normal. As mentioned above, a tight fitting bra will help, some tylenol (yes, you can take that now), warm soaks, etc.

Mar 24, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Thank you and I am not sure what it is I just know that it is a lot
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 04:09 PM
    As I said, it's called colostrum. It's the precursor to milk, which comes in anywhere from 3 - 5 days after the beginning of breastfeeding.

It's very normal, extremely natural, and healthy unless there is discoloration or odor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breasts leaking milk why? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi my breasts are leaking milk and I don't know why I'm not sure if I'm preg's or not till next week when my period is due. If I'm not pregnant why are my boobs leaking is this normal? My youngest daughter is 5 yrs so its been a while since they have been in use. Lol:)

I'm leaking milk; am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a baby 7 months ago and I leaking milk all over again am I pregnant

I'm leaking milk! [ 23 Answers ]

Hi. I've been leaking milk for about 4-5 days now. I know it's milk because the doctor told me today. My pregnancy test came out negative but I'm not sure why else I'd be leaking milk because I'm 20 an I've never had kids before. It's really annoyin too because it leaks through my top! I also have...

Why are my brests leaking milk [ 5 Answers ]

Why are my breasts leaking milk but my pregnancy tests come out neggative?? And I have all the symptoms of being pregnant but I haven't missed a period yet I'm not supposed to get it for a ntoehr week..? :confused:

View more questions Search