Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SLEEPY OWL Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2006, 04:26 PM
    I feel nothing..
    I'm sending this passage with the same title again..
    Well.. im sending this message just to speak up my mind -which I believe that it's a healthy habit- but like all the healthy habits we don't start considering them until we cross to the other unhealthy-side.

Simply.. I noticed that my reactions to things had changed.. I use to express myself all the time.. like I used to use the word I FEEL before every segment of speech.. and now I don't feel anything.. for example, I had an extension added to my intership -i am an intership student by the way- and it like 5months since I knew that I will had an extension and tell that day I did not cry
    -will this was my old reaction to failure- and yet, I feel the same amount of anger toward to my boss the moment she told me the news-, myself diagnosis to the issue that I did't get over it tell that day..
    Another issue, my lack of interest in everything I almost feel nothing toward anything and anyone, I use to view myself through movies, through my friends, and now I don't feel anything.. and yet I gained weight and enjoyed food like if it was my best friend, and one year I gained about 20 lb. and I hate it..
    And to push everything to the limits, my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer.. how that reflected on me?!
    I started hating the word aging, well I think about it whenever I see my father, I think about it knowing that I can't stop it nor deal with it..
    I started using supplements and creams that were labeled as ANTI-AGING products.. I use them I'm the name of health and vitality, yet I know that I use them to prevent myself of aging... I hate that I can't support my father emotionally.. and because of this I feel so inadequate and worthless.

I know that this all sound like crap to you as a reader, but trust me myself esteem level is 0% while I am writing this..
    I truly hate being emotional truly of everyone but I just want to regain that habit of speaking my mind.
    chained_to_the_wind Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Feb 11, 2006, 10:10 AM
    I really don't think this is true... the first bit you said "I feel nothing..".. (smiles)... of course you do silly.. else you wouldn't be writing here...

I don't recommend viewing yourself through movies.. or through your friends.. or it having anything to do with what other people think or say about you..

You just have to be strong enough to decide for yourself and on your own.. "I'M OKAY!"... Once this foundation is made.. things will happen to build and find yourself esteem again...

And I encourage all people to speak their mind, and whatever it may be, right or wrong, you've just got to go for it.. and can ONLY grow by it...

You should talk to your father in this way.. being open and honest about how you really feel.. you might find that you really do support him a lot more than you think.. and in ways which you didn't even know about.. I'm aging too.. I look in the mirror sometimes and think oh my God what's happening! Lol.. but really... people I find to be beautiful or handsome are always those who have accepted and take confidence in themselves.. wrinkled with some grey hairs or not lol..

Wish you all the best

chained_to_the_wind.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Hi,
    Have you had a physical checkup lately? I have one every year, around December. It lets me have the "peace of mind" that I'm OK physically!
    Self-esteem can be had by all, but it takes practice. Try looking at and thinking about things that made you happy, at one time. Go back to those.
    The past is gone and does hold regrets for some. The future can hold anxieties for some also. The present, today, is what is important.
    Try doing some volunteer work, maybe at a local hospital, a Retirement Home, a Nursing Home. Giving of yourself will let you forget "yourself", and be a valuable person to others. That's what life is all about... helping others, then your own feelings will get much, much better about yourself.
    I do wish you the best.
    PS; The answer before mine is very good; making me think about the "aging". I am 64 yrs old, married for 29 yrs to a wonderful lady. My life is just today... one day at a time. If I think too seriously about tomorrow, I know I am going to die... we all do eventually. So, think about today, and what you can do to help someone.
    Trigger76 Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

May 27, 2008, 01:12 AM
    This is pretty classic for depression. That would be the first place I would look. Try taking a free online assessment for depression. It's a tricky condition. If you tend to not get a lot of exercise, start walking briskly for as long as you can. Also, if you tend to watch or hear the news or other programming that forces you to hear or see negative things, turn it off, or wear earplugs to help filter it. Start with that for 2 weeks and see if you notice a change.
    maryalice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 03:00 PM
    Doesmit matter whether you are fat or thin! Forgoodness sake gate a grip, do you not realize that you have one life to be lived. We all have a special gift and I am sure you have a gift. I believe in this life forget yourself think about other people, love yourself because you are special, and love others as you love you love yourself, I can promise you if you forget yourself and think of other people and their problems you will learn to live your life to the full

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I feel [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I'm need some advice. I'm 21 and I love this girl I meet back in school, we dated for a year, but we went through a lot, that married people got through over there whole married life. We had problems like most people, but she made it seem like everything wrong was my fault. So if we did break up...

Often feel ill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Five weeks a go I left a very stressful job where I was working 70 hours a week and ever since I keep feeling unwell. I don't know if the two are related. I feel ill for a week or so, then OK for a few days, then ill again. When feeling unwell, the symptoms are mild but noticeable. I feel...

How should I feel [ 23 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for 6 months now, but recently he has been randomly saying things that are hurtful, he just throws things in when we are having a good conversation. The latest incident is a few days ago we were talking fine and he mentioned he felt smothered I was shoked because we...

How does she feel? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey my ex contacted me through an online game service w/voice last month and now I hope someone can tell me how she feels. I emailed her saying she could talk to me through email and she emailed back with some odd comments but generally in a good mood she said she would talk to me later. So I...

Should I tell her how I feel? [ 4 Answers ]

I wrote on here a while ago because my girlfriend broke up with me and now I'm getting better at moving on but I still feel like she is the girl, whenever I feel like I should pull away and totally forget about her I think about how she is perfect for me and it seems like she still likes me. I...

View more questions Search