Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nursekim8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Vomiting at night
    My daughter is 19 months old and since she was 10 months old she has had vomiting at night. She will go to bed, fall asleep and then with in 30min to an hour she wakes up crying, unable to console and then starts vomiting. After about 10 min she will then go back to sleep. She will then continue to wake up crying throughout the night, but no more vomiting. Doctors said acid reflex, but she never does this when she is napping, so they thought chronic drainage that builds up and then at night makes her sick. We have tried different medicine for both but nothing works. Any ideas? Im tired of seeing her sick, but only at night. Then she is fine the next day like nothing has happened.
    ashleyl Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Mar 18, 2008, 08:27 PM
    My daughter was similar. We finally put a pillow in her crib and that slightly elevated her head. It really helped her sleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vomiting in the night [ 15 Answers ]

My son is 15 months old. He has had six instances of vomiting in the middle of the night. The pattern is always the same. Vomits a couple of times followed by a period of dry heaves followed by several instances of vomiting bile. The situation usually starts at about 1am and lasts until 6 or 7...

Vomiting in middle of the night [ 22 Answers ]

My daughter, who'll be 4 in July, has begun vomiting in the middle of the night. I'm sure if she wakes up when she does. But it seems to be one violent act and then it's over. This began a while back and doctors in our town (and we've seen over half of them) are clueless and continue to throw...

Mid-Night Vomiting [ 2 Answers ]

I have had two instances where I was fine during the day, went to bed, then suddenly found myself vomiting. I woke up suddenly nauseated, vomited, dry heaved a little, and then was fine. There was about a week in-between the two episodes. I am under the same amount of stress I normally am, no...

My cat is vomiting [ 5 Answers ]

My 8 year old cat started vomiting hairballs on Wed and Thursday. He would eat a little white meat tuna, but then throw it up too. He wasn't eating his dry food at all. I took him to the vet on Friday and his blood tests came back fine and he doesn't have a fever. They gave him fluids Friday...

View more questions Search