Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sashababycherry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Placenta Problems
    I am 23 weeks pregnant with my 5th pregnancy. I never had any problems with my first two pregnancies, but after both, I had infections due to placenta being left in my womb, although nothing was ever noticed after I'd delivered the placentas. I then miscarried twice (but not sure if this was due to placenta problems, they were both rather late miscarriages though).

When I was 14 weeks into this pregnancy I bled rather heavily for 3 weeks, with small clots. My doctor and midwife didn't see any problems, and said bleeding can be normal. The bleeding eventually stopped, and I haven't had anything since. I'm just worried because I know that it is still possible that I could go into early labour or worse.

Out of curiousity, what sort of things cause placenta bleeding, or tearing? Is it just a natural thing that can happen to anyone or am I possibly doing something wrong? Does anyone think there could be a risk with this pregnancy considering my last two ended after 12 weeks?

Thanks.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Definitely concerns that you need to talk to your doctors about. Having a job/hobby where you lift things that are too heavy, or strain you too much, etc could possibly cause problems... some people are put on a no sex order when they have high risk pregnancies, as well as bed rest... whether your pregnancy is considered high risk or not, I have no idea, and that would be completely up to your doctors. Now, they removed the left over placenta each time you were found to have infections right? I would definitely talk to your doctors about your concerns etc, as they are the only ones who can properly ascertain what you and baby's needs are in this pregnancy, and any extra steps for procaution that may need to be taken. Good luck
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 16, 2008, 12:28 PM
    When I was pregnant with my second I had a really bad placenta abroution and I had it from 15 weeks to 27 weeks when it tore worse and his heart rate went up they had to take him and I am now pregnant with my third and my first and third pregnancy has been normal so it can happen to any one I just stayed on bed rest I know it was along time but everything was toltaly worth it good luck hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sheep Placenta ? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about Sheep Placenta? I keep hearing great things about it. Im 23 and I want to use it to keep myself looking young, but I'm not sure! Does it really keep you young? Anyone had success with the pills or cream? And also anyone know anything about Pearl Powder.. I heard...

What is Post Placenta [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Greetings :) Yesterday I had the 20 weeks ultrasound and as the doctor was recording things, she was also explaining what we are actually looking at. During this time, she also showed us the placenta and said that I have a post placenta. I know I should have asked this then and there but it...

Retained placenta after delivery [ 2 Answers ]

Need Advice About A Persian Cat Who Delivered 4 Kitties And 3 Placentas 4 Days Ago -- She Received Pitocin 5u Sq X to the Day Of Delivery -- To No Avail -- She Looks And Feels Well -- Kittens Are Fine -- Vets Say No Worries -- Will Probably Break Up And Pass -- No Problem With Infection Unless She...

What causes a placenta to pass before the kitten is birthed? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Persian cat and have bred her twice. First litter had 2 kittens, the first was stillborn and the second survived but mother never produced milk. The second breeding only produced 1 kitten that presented with the placenta passing before the kitten resulting in another stillborn kitten....

Calcification of placenta [ 1 Answers ]

When I delivered my son my doctor noticed that my placenta was very calcified. I had him on my supposed due date given to me by a early sonogram. When I asked him about it he said with the next baby we will watch it closly. However I do not drink or take drugs I barley take tylenol, and I do not...

View more questions Search