Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 02:12 AM
    Dear Father
    Please help me to have patience and love for ALL my brothers and sisters. This morning, I got a bit of a dose of what those who do not believe in God are made to feel like.

I haven't been feeling all that great, and my sister, put me on a prayer line of some sort.
    I still don't feel very well, but I thought that was very sweet. My sister is divorced and could not get an annumulment from the Catholic Church (nor should she have - there were no grounds on either side - I love my sister dearly - I do). So, she decides to
    Join another faith, all well with me. And good for her for staying close to God during her troubled times (some would wrongly blame Him).

Any ole way, I am reading this ePrayer request and the "Leader" ask for prayers for my sister (they are watching her heart, she's okay though) and for me. Very nice, right... UNTIL, I read the part where they indicate, I am not well AND shame a non-believer too. :eek:

The feelings that welled up inside me, I can not even begin to tell you. All of which, I really can not afford right now. I told my sister a couple of weeks ago, that she still can go to church she just can't receive communion.

I of course thanked them for their prayers and made it quite clear that I do believe and I am a child of God, just like them.

The arrogance, of a certain portion of the so called "bible thumpers" keeps, I believe many turned off from believing in God.

I got news for you bible thumpers - instead of thumping, why don't you sit down in a quiet place read God's word, and practice what you are reading.

I am a believer, that within every bible thumper, is an element of evil, trying to keep good loving people out of God's loving arms.

But you my bible thumper brother and sisters can be saved to. Open your hearts to God,
    Love your neighbor, and bring others to God's loving arms, through your loving and kind actions.

Please know, when I say "bible thumpers", I in no way mean all Christians. They know who I mean. And they will never win what they are setting out to do. They will never be as powerful as the love that God has for each and everyone of us. I repeat, EACH AND EVERYONE OF US. Now, the ones filled with evil, and thumping away, that is not for me to judged and I, without fear, leave them in God's hands.

God Bless and remember, the sun always can shine through the clouds!
    Allheart
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Eeek Sorry, I was venting a bit this AM. I was not a Happy Allheart.

Thanks for letting me vent :)

Xoxoxo
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Vent all you want, that's part of what we are here for.

There is another thread:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religi...ee-194089.html

That seems to the type of thing you are talking about. In my last post there, I am also talking about paradox, I believe you are referring to. I have no doubt of your devotion to God, nor of the peace and strength it gives you. Yet, according to what you call "bible thumpers" your faith is suspect. Frankly I don't understand it and probably never will.

Rejoice in your faith you've earned it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Don't feel bad, how long have you been here?? The Catholic faith gets attacked very often by some denominations, they teach that catholic church is really the anti christ, just read some of the hate material publishers like Chick Publications put out in those little tracks.

And actually there are many groups like the Old Catholic Churches that have "valid Sacraments" accepted by Rome but not in full fellowship that will allow her to take communion, so she can actually take communion accepted as valid by Rome and be in a divorce state.

Not saying it is right for everyone but it is available.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Thanks Scott - and Fr. Chuck (nice eye there)

Best hugs I could ever have asked for. Great words of wisdom as always.

I do feel bad for feeling upset - part of what they are trying to fix on me and part - my spiritual side.

May the sun shine brightly for both of you.

Allheart

p.s. You both are so kind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dear experts [ 1 Answers ]

You see I'm 13 and I weigh 46kgs!! I just need to lose weight... I'm way too heavy for my age... Thnk u

Dear Psychic.if you can tell me [ 1 Answers ]

If I will find me happiness ,wife left me 2 years ago,I have met someone for about a year she is great to me and will do anything for me I am very lucky,but I still have slight dougts I want to give 100 percent but I cant

Hello my dear txtm8 [ 4 Answers ]

How can I remove the ravmon virus

Dear Santa [ 5 Answers ]

Sorry guys I just had to: deer santa: I wud like a kool toy space ranjur fer Xmas. Iv ben a gud boy all yeer. Yer Frend, BiLLy Dear Billy, Nice spelling. You're on your way to a career in lawn care.. How about I send you a frigging book so you can learn to read and write? I'm...

View more questions Search