Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrkpj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Bathroom mirrors
    We have a large bathroom mirror that has probably been attached to the wall for approx, twelve years. It is about seven feet wide, and three and a half feet tall. How does one go about removing it. Or, is this a job whereby you call in a contractor? It appears that it is attached by adhesive, or something.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 12:26 PM
    You could probably remove it yourself with some manual labor and chipping it off, but you'd have to be careful not to damage the drywall, and you'd have to retexture and paint your wall underneath the mirror. You may also wish to hire someone to do it, to remove the hassle and strain, and then they would be responsible for anything that could happen.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 17, 2008, 07:38 AM
    It is glued in place most likely. You'll have to pry it off and will most likely damage the drywall while doing so. Pick a spot at the top and get behind it and gently pry it off the wall. Be careful not to break it if you want to save it and put something over the sink and on the floor so it they not damaged if the mirror or pieces of it land on it. You'll have to patch the damaged spots and repaint the wall unless your new miror will cover them up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convex mirrors [ 3 Answers ]

A dedicated sports car enthusiast polishes the inside and outside surfaces of a hubcap that is a section of a sphere. When he looks into one side of the hubcap, he sees an image of his face 30.0cm in back of it. He then turns the hubcap over, keeping it the same distance from his face. He now sees...

Bathroom mirrors with tile borders [ 3 Answers ]

If you can see in the picture attached to this email, There is a picture of a bathroom, this is how my tiles are set up. There are 2 borders that stick out of the wall, the top one sticks out further than the other. In the second picture attached, there is a mirror from a shop. (the middle...

Fear of mirrors and windows [ 12 Answers ]

I know this sounds silly, but for a little while now, I've been having a bit of trouble, at night, I can't seem to look at mirrors and windows, its like I'm afraid of seeing something in them, so I have to walk with my head down when everyone else is asleep... help!

Working On Mirrors [ 4 Answers ]

I Need To Cut Some Mirrors And Also Cut/drill Some Holes In Them. What Tools Do I Need To Do This And How Do I Do It?

Fogged mirrors [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the bathroom mirror become fogged while you are taking a shower?

View more questions Search