Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmarlamar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Working On Mirrors
    I Need To Cut Some Mirrors And Also Cut/drill Some Holes In Them. What Tools Do I Need To Do This And How Do I Do It?
    myoldhouse Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Check with your local glass shop for help with this ( see the yellow pages). You will pay per cutout (for example, per electrical receptacle opening or whatever) or if you are cutting down larger mirrors to small, you'll pay a fee for that. Trying to do it yourself may result in a pile of broken glass. Good luck//dave
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2007, 08:49 PM
    My wife bought me a Dremel kit for Christmas. The instructions tell how to drill glass and mirrors, and perhaps cut them too. Before I started to work on a very valuable mirror, I would practice on some glass, even if I had to buy some. It is cheap. I have done a little cutting of glass. I am not that adept at things, but it went fairly well. Do wear goggles and gloves. Just for the fun of it, I may try drilling a hole in some glass.

I was so lucky due to her concern for our old dog and the difficulty of controlling her toenails. You can grind them down with the Dremel.
    Reneakrause51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarlamar
    I Need To Cut Some Mirrors And Also Cut/drill Some Holes In Them. What Tools Do I Need To Do This And How Do I Do It?
    I need to drill a hole in a mirror how do I do it?
    Reneakrause51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 05:58 PM
    I need to drill a hole in a mirror how do I do it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlets not working! Help! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi... I came home today and the outlets in our bonus room aren't working. I checked the breaker and nothing was tripped. Then I went searching for the GFI outlets. All of them were fine except the one in the bathroom nearest the bonus room. Here is the issue: On that outlet, the power...

Fogged mirrors [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the bathroom mirror become fogged while you are taking a shower?

Is it working? [ 1 Answers ]

What is an easy test to determine if the computer is dead or if it is the monitor that died?

CD-RW not working [ 4 Answers ]

The CD-RW drive is not working. It says that it cannot complete a burn or it says that it is done but there is nothing there or an incomplete burn. The drivers are up to date. Any ideas? The computer is about 3 years old and running Windows XP service pack 2. It is a Pentium 4, 2,4 gHZ and has...

View more questions Search