Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadforthem070707 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2008, 12:28 AM
    My daughter won't even speak to me
    Let me start by summarizing the situation. I left my husband of 23 years for my sisters ex boyfriend with whom she has 2 children. They have been seperated for 6 years. We are now married (btw, he had never been married before). Anyway we went through a lot of family turmoil over that but had at least started having a mother daughter relationship again. I had bought her a car while she was still in high school and when she was a senior she got a boyfriend (who was 30 yrs. old with a 10 year old son) and he ended up totaling out her car. He didnt even try to help me and my new husband get her a new car. She was about to fail out of senior year and my new husband and i bought a car and made a deal with here to pay half of it off...$100 a mt. and $100 a mt. for the insurance. Well, long story short she never paid a penny over almost five months and we found out she bought herself a brand new car and the boyfriend was driving the car. He had the car at a friends house getting a fender fixed and we demanded the car. We ultimately had to call the police to get the car back. Was that wrong? She hasnt spoken to me since and its been about 6 months. She is now pregnant for this man (she is 19 he is almost 31) and still isnt speaking to us and he hates us too and I know he is feeding into her not speaking to me. I want a relationship with her and of course my grand daughter that will be born any day. I seen her the other day and said hello and she mouthed...i dont know why she keeps trying. I want her back in my life. I love her very much and miss being around her. Oh and btw they live in a dirty cheap motel. She was not raised that way! Please help me. Give me some advice on how I can make ammends with her.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 12:50 AM
    That's hard, and there might not be an immediate fix. She has chosen this man over you. She is an adult and has made her bed. Find a way to let her know that she and the baby (maybe the baby's dad too) are welcome in your house. After a few months, care of a baby usually wears on the new mom. She might bring the baby over for childcare.

You must remain neutral and non-combative. The fight is no longer yours. Obsessing about the mistakes you think she is making is useless. Focus on being healthy yourself and attentive to your own relationships and responsibilities. I don't think you have rights as a grandparent to see the child. Not sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult Daughter Won't Speak to me. [ 41 Answers ]

She's 43 and has not liked being around me for years. She seems to be jelous of me being happy. She likes it when I'm completely helpless, like after surgery she took me into her home. She's married has 4 children and lives an afluent life style. My husband and I visit three times a year. They live...

Adult Daughter Refusing to Speak to her Mother [ 9 Answers ]

My 24 year old daughter has not spoken to me since June 2007. This is due to her current boyfriend, that I told him to move out of the home that we all were sharing. Of course my daughter left with him. She has not spoken to me since this. She is my only daughter and we were always close and had...

My Daughter won't speak to me [ 3 Answers ]

My Daughter is 33 years old and as of recent she will not answer her phone, will not return emails I have sent and just yesterday I drove 30 miles to her house and her car was in the driveway but she would not answer her door. She has not talked to me in weeks and we have always been very close...

Won't speak [ 5 Answers ]

My child is 2 1/2 and won't even use baby talk. She's been checked out and Ive been told everything is fine but she is very reluctant to learn to talk. She doesn't even say Mama or Dada or nothing. All she does is make noises and point to something. She know what everything is and she's very...

My Children won't speak to me [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there I am 53 years old I have two children aged 23 and 20. I left my wife about three years ago as my marriage was dead for over 15 years however I did stay mostly for the sake of my children and also for financial reasons as I would not have been in the position to have two homes and...

View more questions Search