Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelle_quinn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Hungary kittens
    My cat gave birth 3 weeks ago to 4 kittens is there anything I can giver her to help her produce milk because she is only a small female ginger and the kittens are very hungary
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Kittens are always very hungry and she is probably producing enough to feed them. She know what to do. If mom is eating and drinking enough away from her young then everything is okay. Unless of course, you want to ease your mind and check it out with a vet.
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2008, 08:47 AM
    How about giving the kitttens water to supplement. Kittens that youg are always hungry or sleeping.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 08:59 AM
    At that age the kittens would not know what do with an offering of water.
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2008, 09:03 AM
    If they are thirsty or hungary they will drink even if they do not know what they are doing with it yet, you could even put it in a baby bottle with a strong nipple on it.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Mar 13, 2008, 08:57 PM
    If the kittens are not crying they are probably getting enough to eat right now, but they are old enough to offer them a little kitten food soaked in water and mashed up. They will end up wearing more than they eat, but Mom will get the benefit of the leftovers and what she cleans off the kittens. It wouldn't hurt to feed her kitten chow until she weans them.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Mar 20, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Feed the moma cat kitten chow,and lots of it.The kittens will take her down if she does not get enough food,especially if she is very small.It is tough on a new moma trying to keep up with daily feedings so keep her well nourished.Hope all the babies are doing well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New kittens [ 1 Answers ]

When is it okay to take newborn kittens away from the mother?

Kittens are gone [ 2 Answers ]

My cat has been nursing her kittens for about 10 weeks now, we just got rid of the kittens and today I notice that a couple of the mammas nipples are so swollen. They are not leaking, they are just huge. Is this anything to be concerned about, if not, how long should this go on?

Kittens [ 3 Answers ]

My two weeks old kitten has red pupils. Is that normal?

Kittens! [ 4 Answers ]

How can I make sure my kittens are going to good homes?

Kittens [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my cat gave birth to 6 kittens yesterday at 7.10 am and two were still bourns she in nursing the young very well and she is also looking after her self well. Q. is it o.k for my cat to use the toilet after 30 hours. Q. and do the kittens have fleas as soon as they are born.::confused:

View more questions Search