Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtnhomedude Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 06:52 AM
    RCA RT2770 "Pigtail antenna" connection?
    I just purchased the RCA RT2770 but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to attach the pigtail (FM) antenna! The directions/manual is not clear on this! Do I need to buy another connector to attach the pigtail to the fm 75 plug in? If you could guide me to what I need or what you would recommend I would appreciate it very much!
    What to do? What to do?:confused:
    Thank you!
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 07:38 AM
    I give up, exactly what do the instructions tell you. It's tough for me to see from here. :)

Mar 12, 2008, 07:46 AM
    I checked the online version of the unit and I not at all sure what is confusing you.

The 75 Ohm FM antenna plugs into the back of the unit, just to the left of the AM Loop Antenna. It can only go one place.

The AM Antenna, tells you that the "White Wire goes into the Loop hole and the other wire goes into ground.

Mar 12, 2008, 07:56 AM
    From the instruction manual "Connect the AM and FM antenna to the AM and FM terminals on the system's back panel" Then it shows a diagram of the two! Then it explains how to install the AM antenna via the two wires into the tabs! And nothing else on the FM antenna! But the FM antenna is like putting a square peg onto a round hole!! :eek: I contacted Viox? Who apparently bought out RCA a couple of months ago but they where of little help as they want to sell me a new antenna! Went to Best Buy but they where of no help either. So now my next stop is going to be Radio Shack! Best case scenario is that I find a connector for this solution, the worst case is I buy another antenna1!

Mar 12, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Don
    I had no problem hooking up the AM antenna! It was a no brainer! But the FM antenna isn't the right one for this unit! The FM antenna is like putting a square peg onto a round hole! If you can see the pics I posted in my first post! The pics where taken with my cell phone so not the best quality but it will give you an idea!!
    Thanks!

Mar 12, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Mtnhomedude,

You know it's really odd, but a couple of questions down from yours is another person having the same problems.

The way a "Y" style FM antenna is supposed to install is to pin the two ends that form the "Y" to the wall as far apart as you can. The long end, in theory should end with I believe a male ended push on connector that's made to fit snugly over a screw type female post or a female post without the threads on it.

I don't see your pics, but I sure wish I did, Can you snap a picture of the connectors with a digital camera instead of your cell phone?

Or you can try sending the pics to me at [email protected] for me to look at. I should be here most of the day. I've got to take a nap and then do some school like work on the NEC Residential Code Book. So I'll be watching for your pics.

Mar 12, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Got your pics.

The pic of the back of the unit is what I would expect to see. Curious though, the post in the center almosts looka like the post of an RCA connector.

The pic of the Cable is a strange one. On the lower loop, is there a hole that can slide over the center post of the connector and then loop the hole around the outside of the connector.

I'll try to imbed the pics here.
    Attached Images

Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2008, 08:44 AM
    I mentioned on your or others post
    Found this:
    TV Aerial Plug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Its odd that they say not good for 75 Ohm Impedance?
    Good Luck
    jasonez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 11:37 AM
    You have to simply get a pen or something and open the square antenna up a little bit and just put it on. Every one else had confusing answers. They didn't help me out, but I hope this will.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2010, 02:07 PM

2 years late, and a more confusing answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Trane 80XL "Common" connection [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Folks... I have a special thermostat in which I need to connect the common line, "C" in order to power this thing. Where can I get a connection to "Common" in this older furnace? See attached Many many thanks! Brian

Can a breaker cause a "bad connection" but not trip? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new hot water heater last month and when the guy installed it and switched on the power, he said it didn't immediately work (second try it worked).. that maybe there was a breaker problem... now it's been a month and every now and then there isn't enough hot water... it has never run out...

"lose" dsl connection [ 1 Answers ]

When I use ie7 on the web all is OK. If I don't use the connection for some time it will not connect to any page. Dsl still on. I have to reboot to use the web again. I know the dsl connection is OK and running because I am still using it with another program (no conflicts) Dave

Tstat wiring - dual transformer, 1 "R" connection [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dual transformer system - one for heat, one for cool. The Thermostat I'm replacing has an Rc and an Rh connection. The new Thermostat has a single R connection. The transformers are in phase With each other, however, the heat one puts out 24vac, while the Cooling one is at 26.7vac. Can...

View more questions Search