Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    douger2006 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 11:28 PM
    How are the ratings determined.
    I have always wondered how does the television networks know how many are watching their program? For instance; American Idol. They announce so many millions are watching tonight. How do they know that? Do they know when I change the channel?

How does a radio program like Coast to Coast know they have millions of listeners tonight.

This has always stumped me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Its called Neilsons ratings and you can find out about them here:

Nielsen Media Research

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How # of viewers determined? [ 1 Answers ]

How is show popularity and number of viewers determined? I never hear of anybody being phone-surveyed.:confused: Thanks, Scottgem--yes the Neilson ratings. But how are they compiled? Who gets surveyed?

Ratings source? [ 1 Answers ]

:o :o Who decides the 4-star etc movie ratings? Are they polled? Is there some super movie board? It can't be on attendance, can it! Also--how come it says Times Roman here, and color, but that's not what appears? :o :o Thanks ScottGem--are these newspaper, magazine, radio and TV...

Ratings... [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I'm relatively new here, and I'll bet you've had this discussion before... But, I don't want to look it up. The ratings (or whatever they're called), suck. I always new it. I just didn't want to rock the boat. It's the agree or don't agree thing. A newbie (on this site) recently...

How is child support $ determined? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I live in Texas and are curious how is the amount of child support determined? Per my previous post we are assuming that an all out war is about to commence with his ex if we pursue collection for her violation of the divorce decree and we are having to pay for her debts. We...

How is age determined? [ 2 Answers ]

In biblical times, how long is a year? And how long is a day? I was wondering how the bible calculated the age of Moses, the ages seem sort of off to me.

View more questions Search