Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused63 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2008, 03:04 AM
    How do I confront him?
    I recently found out that the man I've been sleeping with was sleeping with another women. I cursed him out. Maybe I had no right to do so because there was no formal commitment between us. Still in all I felt that he should have had enough respect for me to tell me that this was what he was doing. I apologized for the hateful things I said and he forgave me and said he would be in touch soon. I need to know how I can bring this topic up to find out if this other person is still in the picture. I would like to know only to make a better informed decision on whether to continue seeing him.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 03:42 AM
    I wouldn't want to see him again; once a cheater, always a cheater. If I were you, the only thing I would worry about right now is getting to the doctor to be checked for STDs. You have no idea where he has been. Informed decision my butt, why would you even want to look at him again.
    youcantstop48 Posts: 152, Reputation: 16

Mar 8, 2008, 02:16 AM
    How long have you been sleeping together? If you are not in a relationship he didn't cheat on you but it would have been respectful to tell you this...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 05:50 PM
    You already have enough to make an informed decision. He has someone else to sleep with, and no matter what is said, you will always wonder, where he is, and who he is with. Not a good way to start or build a relationship, and its not even cheating, since there was no commitment. What else do you really need to know?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confused63
    I recently found out that the man I've been sleeping with was sleeping with another women.
    This surprised you? I've never met the guy... or maybe I have I don't know and I'm not surprised that a guy would sleep around when he's single, you know because he's single and you put out without asking for a commitment first. Sorry lady that's not his fault.

I cursed him out. Maybe I had no right to do so because there was no formal commitment between us.
    And you didn't. If you want a real relationship maybe you ought to bring up your own standards and not worry about his.

Still in all I felt that he should have had enough respect for me to tell me that this was what he was doing.
    He had to tell you, a woman he has no ties to, that he was having sex with a woman? I didn't ask the lady who bagged my grocery's tonight who was bagging her because I have no ties to her and it's none of my business, just like a guy you willingly give it up to with no demands on him for a commitment.

I apologized for the hateful things i said
    Good start.

and he forgave me
    Good guy, most guys wouldn't have.

and said he would be in touch soon.
    I would hold my breathe.

I need to know how I can bring this topic up to find out if this other person is still in the picture.
    You mean the other person who has nothing to do with you? That's none of your business and until you start demanding a little more from yourself and quit sleeping with people who use your own weakness against you then it will remain none of your business.

I would like to know only to make a better informed decision on whether or not to continue seeing him.
    I question why he would continue seeing you after this to be honest. If you want to screw him then get a commitment, if you don't he's free to do what he pleases and if you can't accept that then it is you who needs to reevaluate who is wrong here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to confront my mother who drinks [ 3 Answers ]

My mom drinks. Not to the point where she's an alchy. But I feel like she's showing signs... We have a bar in my house which my mother loves... some mornings she starts drinking at 10 am... some days its just a few beers. Other nights its more... When she drinks she's a whole different person...

How do I confront him? [ 2 Answers ]

In the past week , I've had a group of guys saying there friend likes me (there all a year older then me) I want to get there friends e-mail or something in order to see what he truly thinks but I would to make sure I don't scare him off because s\hes a great guy. How should approach him and just...

Should I confront him? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, This is the first time I write here. I am really confused and angry and do not know what to do so I need your help and advice. I am married to a guy for just over a year now, we had a long distant relation for 8 months before. We are from different countries. I love my husband and I am...

How do I confront her about lying? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend and I are slowly getting back together. We stay at each other's house, share computer, house keys, etc. We had comeback to her place from a weekend together and I checked my email. There were browser screens already open (she forgot to close her websites and shutdown) about a visit...

Do I confront or go on without ever knowing? [ 7 Answers ]

My father died unexpectedly.My mother died after long battle w/ Alzheimer's less than 2 years ago. Dad and I shared her caregiving. After her death I proceeded to follow through with lifelong plans to relocate across the country with my husband and kids, leaving my Dad and adult siblings behind. I...

View more questions Search