Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annielee48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Marble sink top cracks and hot faucet rust
    I have a 2 year old sink. Marble top and put new Kohler faucets in same time. There are hair line fractures (3) coming from under the hot water faucet on top of the sink. And under the sink the hot water faucet is badly rusted(with no leaks) I think this is going to be a fight with the company that sold me the sink top. So I am trying to gather all the info I can to argue my case. Any ideas out there would be gratefully appreciated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Unfortunately marble is very delicate and CAN crack. This is not the best choice in counter tops no matter how hot an item with decoractors. Choose a different counter top material that is not so easily cracked. The same thing would have happened to granite as well. Had you dropped something on the countertop it would have cracked it also. The heat from the hot water faucet cracked the marble. Marble is basically stone and should not be used where there is too much heat involved. Good old formica looks crappy but is a lot more durable in the end for bathroom use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink Faucet No Hot Water Pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have one of the Kitchen Faucets that is also the spray, all in one unit. When the cold water is turned on, the pressure is great, nice and cold. When the handle is turned to Hot, there is barely any pressure and the hot water never comes. I also have a dual sink in the master bedroom and one...

Cultured Marble Vanity Top [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to cut a cultured marble vanity top with, say, a circular saw?

Cultured marble vanity top [ 7 Answers ]

I picked up a cultured marble vanity top to fit on my vanity at home. I didn't remember that the vanity fits into a corner and thus didn't factor in the vanity having a finished edge on that side. Is it possible for me to trim the cultured marble with a circular saw or is specialized...

Attaching marble sink-top to vanity? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the proper way to attach a marble sink-top to the vanity underneath? I don't want to drill into the sink-top, but want to be sure that if it gets bumped, it will not move around. Thanks in advance! Rob

Faucet working now but hot to sink isn't! [ 4 Answers ]

I just installed a new shower faucet on the 2nd floor. I then lost hot water to the sink faucet and am having trouble with getting any hot or cold water out of new faucet. I also ran new hot and cold lines. I think there is air in lines and am wondering the best way to let out air. Thanks! I went...

View more questions Search