Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yesican Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Running Supply lines to the new bathroom in my unfinished basement
    Hello,
    I am installing a full bath (w/shower stall) in my unfinished basement. I need to run supply lines for the toilet, shower, and sink from the laundry room which is adjacent. The current lines are C-pvc. I guess my question is:
    1) What is the best way to run the lines? And what size should lines be?
    2) Also, is it a problem to run all three fixtures from just two lines into the bathroom?

Sorry for the lack of correct terminology, I hope I have conveyed my question meaningfully.
    Thanks in advance.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 6, 2008, 06:12 AM
    1) What is the best way to run the lines? And what size should lines be?
    Some areas, such as mine allow you to service three fixtures off a 1/2" branch and some codes hold you down to two. Check with your building department.
    2) Also, is it a problem to run all three fixtures from just two lines into the bathroom?
    By my code no! However if you were held down to two fixtures off a 1/2" branch you would have to bring the cold water in with 3/4" and branch off with a 3/4 X 1/2 X 1/2" tee to pick up the other two fixtures. Again, check the local codes. Good luck, Tom
    yesican Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Supply Lines
    Thanks a lot Tom!

Also, does it matter which line I tap into? (i.e. washer, main line, or other existing lines routing to other areas of the house)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 6, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yesican
    Thanks a lot Tom!

Also, does it matter which line I tap into? (i.e. washer, main line, or other existing lines routing to other areas of the house)
    No, just as long as it's 3/4" main. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting Copper Supply Lines to Brass Supply Lines [ 3 Answers ]

I have just started remodeling my kitchen and am looking to move my kitchen sink further down the wall. The kitchen is completely gutted at this point. The supply lines in my house are all brass. I'm looking to stem off the brass lines using copper tubing. Is it possible to cut the brass supply...

New circuit for unfinished basement [ 7 Answers ]

Hi - I'm starting a project,and just want to make sure I've got things straight! Thanks for your help! Our 1934 house lacks receptacles on one side of the unfinished basement. I want to run A new circuit from the 100amp box, and there is room in the box. I can run (12 gauge?) romex for...

Basement bathroom install, testing supply lines [ 4 Answers ]

Need some help. I'm a novice at plumbing but pretty handy. I am installing a bathroom in my basement. I will be tee-ing off the main 3/4" copper supply lines with 3/4" CPVC via sharkbite connectors. The 3/4" lines will feed cold and hot water to the bathroom. Here they will be split to...

Building a 1/2 Bath in an Unfinished Basement [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all. This is my first post on this forum. :) I want to build a 1/2 bath and separate utility room in my unfinished basement. The utility room will be behind the bathroom (in front of, going by the orientation of the first picture below) and hide the heat pump fan coil (air handler),...

Painting an unfinished basement ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

We are finishing our basement and have decided to paint the unfinished basement ceiling. I'm looking to insilate between the floor for sound proofing. What are the best solutions to do this. Also what suggestion on shade of paint light or dark,textured or smooth,laytext or oil based. All help is...

View more questions Search