Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobby123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 04:21 AM
    Dark ring around nose
    Hello,
    I had avery smooth skin until a few years back. Suddenly my cheeks became dark and a dark ring developed around the nose. Please help me with a remedy. Thank you.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 29, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Sounds like you have Melasma, melasma are dark, irregular patches found on the upper cheek nose lips, upperlip, and forehead. It comes from overactive melanocytes those are the cells that produce pigment... stress can cause this, medications, hormone level change, pregnancy, genetics. This can be treated however I would advice you see a dermatolgist they do have over the counter creams but due to the recent recall of creams containing Hydroquinone, I would suggest you let a dermatogist take a look, to make sure that is in fact what you have.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 04:23 PM
    It could be hyperpigmentation or melasma. There are many factors that causes these skin conditions such as heredity, pregnancy, imbalance hormones, sun exposure or birth control pills. You should consult with a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and treatment options. It's important to use a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher to help in the treatment of melasma and hyperpigmentation problems. The pigmented areas can be treated with bleaching creams, but a dermatologist can offer you a stronger and effective treatment to lighten the effected areas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Ring Around Nose & Dark Eye Circles [ 5 Answers ]

Hi My name is Sophia and I have dark circles around my eyes. I also have a dark ring going across my nose. I was wondering if you have any idea of how I can work on diminishing them?? I have had both of these problems since I was a little girl and now I'm 22 years old. If you can or can't help...

Bump underneath my nose ring. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I got my nose pierced like a month and a half ago and for a few weeks now, I've had like a bump on my nose. I was told to just use my h2ocean spray and it hasn't really worked, I've been told to wash it with sea salt and nothing. Is it a keloid? Or will it go away. Most people who have...

Dark spot on nose from pimple [ 1 Answers ]

I have dark spot on my nose and it was worse but I got better and I was wndering if there is something that make it go away or help it heal prehapes maybe even cover it with make up to. Please:(

Dark spot on my nose it was a pimple [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help with this dark spot on my nose it won't go away and I don't know what to use to help it heal and or cover it with make up so that when I go out people won't stare at my nose it was a pimple and then my nose started to peal and it was really red and then it started to jeal but now...

Dark spots on nose [ 2 Answers ]

I busted a pimple some time ago and it formed a dark spot on my nose is there any way that it can be removed.

View more questions Search