Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justinj06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 08:00 PM
    Password resetting
    I have Toshiba Satellite Laptop. The Laptop has a BIOS password that I didn't know. When my company bought it for me it was set by a password. No one knows what the password is. Could you please Help me on this. I've tried a lot including resetin by using the parellel port. Please Help me.
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Feb 28, 2008, 08:23 PM
    I don't know anything about this subject, but I found this for you...

Backdoor BIOS Passwords from Other Manufacturers
    Reported BIOS backdoor passwords for other manufacturers include:

Manufacturer BIOS Password Brand/Password
    VOBIS & IBM /merlin
    Dell /Dell
    Biostar /Biostar
    Compaq /Compaq
    Enox /xo11nE
    Epox /central
    Freetech /Posterie
    IWill/ iwill
    Jetway /spooml
    Packard Bell /bell9
    QDI/ QDI
    Siemens /SKY_FOX
    SOYO /SY_MB
    TMC /BIGO
    Toshiba /Toshiba

Remember that what you see listed may not be the actual backdoor BIOS password, this BIOS password may simply have the same checksum as the real backdoor BIOS password. For Award BIOS, this checksum is stored at F000:EC60.

I got it from here, How do I reset a BIOS password?so you can go read it for yourself.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Sorry, help can not be given for system or login passwords as to protect the owner of the PC. Not saying this is not your PC, but not knowing for sure, help really can't be given on this subject.
    mr500 Posts: 181, Reputation: 8

Mar 1, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Most of the time you can kill a BIOS password by removing the CMOS battery. Pulling it out for a few minutes then re installing it. Like I said this does it for most pc's. But it will not bypass a windows password.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

TH8000 resetting themostat temp [ 4 Answers ]

I have a TH8000, a Heil DC90 furnace and an Amana heat pump. During the winter my daytime temp is 65 and at night I set it back to 55. Everything has worked fine for the last 18 months until the last couple of nights (which have been cold but not remarkable). What happens is that at some...

Light sockets keep resetting breaker [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a bathroom socket that periodically trips the breaker when a portable heater is used. One of my outside covered sockets is on the same line and occasionally tripped the breaker when we had the pool pump plugged in. Sometimes all I needed to do was press the reset button on the...

Downloading- connection resetting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here. Basically I've recently been having a problem with downloads... When I start a download every things fine but if I try looking on the web as well as download it crashes out and says "connection with server reconnected".. ( and this hasent happened to me any other time up to...

View more questions Search