Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ANDay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 05:52 PM
    DOes anyone know of an accurate and easy to use wage calculator?
    Hi,

I am looking for an easy to use, accurate wage calculator, tried salary.com not satisfied with the results. I would like to obtain salary information for a Sales and Marketing Manager professional located in Northern California and I am having difficulty tracking down this information, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I have been with this company for 5-years and have been offered a position with far greater responsibility and with that I am told to "come-up with a figure."
    Additionally, I have been given an assistant that I will also be responsible for. This is relative to work product, and daily schedule. Any thoughts?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 06:43 PM
    What sort of sales, an insurance sales manager may be making 100,000 or more, a industrial sales manager will make 50,000 to 70,000 , a medical sales manager maybe 150,000 or more

The sales manager at a store in the mall may be making 40,000
    ANDay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Pardon me, my position is one of the sales of a service, selling and marketing an environmental program within cities and counties through out the western United States. My customers are municipalities and Departments of Transportation; I deal specifically with Public Works department Supervisors. I travel to various cities, in various states; I produce marketing material suitable to describe our program at length. My customer base is comprised based on an analysis of public information but there is significant research involved. The service my company offers produces continuous sales throughout the year for my company for which I receive a commission. I have been offered a significant promotion to the position of Sales and Marketing Manager; I have been given an assistant that I am also responsible for. The position involves a significant time, and workload increase. I receive no health/dental or benefit otherwise though I do receive a two week paid vacation, and full travel expenses when traveling. I have been with this company for 5 years. Any thoughts? Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Feb 29, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Do you have a job description written up? If not writing one up will help you find what you are looking for. You first must analyze the position then you write up the job description. When you have an accurate job description you go to the Occupational Handbook, or to Human Resources, or other recruiting resources and find out what the going rate is for that job.

First fill out the position Analysis

POSITION ANALYSIS

POSITION TITILE _________________________________ DEPT ___________________

INCUMBENT_____________________________________ DATE ___________________

1. What is the main responsibility of your job? How much time does each main duty take?

Who do you report to? How much direction/supervision does your supervisor give you?

Who else reports to your immediate supervisor?

Who reports to you?

1. Describe briefly the primary purpose and the function of each position that reports to you.

2. What is your normal working environment/conditions? Are their special, more exacting working conditions?

3. What tools and equipment do you operate? Describe the machines, tools, equipment , or work aids used. What amount of dexterity is required?

7. What are the functions that you perform personally?

8. What are your major challenges?

9. What are your major headaches?

10. Who controls your work and how?

11. How much freedom to act do you have? Give Examples. What decision must you make? What is their effect? What initiative is required?

12. How much decision-making power do you have? Give Examples What errors can be made in your job by a competent employee? With what effect?

13. What problems are you expected to solve?

14. Who do you contact outside the organization and why? What are your contacts with other organizations, the public, and other employees?

15. How many people do you supervise directly, and indirectly?

16. What is the result of this job or why has it been created? SUPERVISOR - (Describe in four-seven statements the major final results of your job. Rank them by importance.)

17. Do you need a special diploma, license, or permit to perform the duties of your job? If so, what are they. How much training and experience are required to do the job? How difficult are these to get?

18. What do you need to know to do your job?

19. Any additional pertinent information.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Now you can try and write a job description, but I would have HR help you after you have done the job analysis. If you need a job description template, I also can get that for you. If you wish to send me the analysis after it is completed I will write one up for you but it might take me a day or two.

After you have the job description and a title than we can look at the books for your area, I have for national and we can find out what the rate is for that position.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How accurate are ultrasounds? [ 17 Answers ]

So when I found out I was pregnant and went to my first obgyn appointment, I was told I was 7 weeks. Well awhile later I experienced some bleeding and went to the E.R and with my calculations I was 10 weeks at the time. Everything turned out fine, but the ultrasound people told me I was barely 9...

Accurate Drug Test Results [ 4 Answers ]

I gave my 16 year old daughter a urine drug test to test for illicit drug use (mainly marijana). I watched her deposit the urine into the cup to make sure she did not dilute the urine. The urine was white and clear. It had no yellow tint and did NOT smell like urine. What would cause the urine...

Are scan dates quite accurate [ 15 Answers ]

I had a scan on the 7th of December and they told me I was 18 weeks and 1 day pregnant after the nurse took measurments of the baby! Is this right or am I 16 weeks? And if I was 18 weeks and 1 day is that the day I conceived? Please help me :)

Is this accurate? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm asking both here and Christianity, 'cause I'm not sure where it belongs the most. Anyway, the movie The Kingdom of Heaven is coming on Wednesday night on AMC (I think). I was just wondering if anyone's seen it, what they thought, and if it was historically accurate at all. Thanks!

View more questions Search