Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynxwizard Posts: 77, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Weak Moment, Am I doing the right thing ?
    I have a few threads on here about my story, but baiscally my gal left me last summer after 2 years with me to go back to her controlling abusive ex, this is the 3rd time back with him, first 2 were before me (she says he has changed).

Anyhow,she moved in with him after 2 months and got engaged, I love her very much and would love to be with her again, but I am working on moving on, and if by chance she comes back in my life someday, then I will deal with it.

I have been doing NC for a few months now. She works in my building but we never see each other, (thank God) My best friend Pat is friends with her and they still keep in touch.

Today she sends me a email saying "Good Morning, how are you ? would you mind it if I sent you a book to give to Pat ? I hope you have a nice day".

So she wants to send it to me interoffice mail, and I am Ok with that, but I talked to my friend here at work who was a couples counselor for many years who has given me good advice said I should not respond, and that I should ask Pat to email her and say I said its Ok to send the book using interoffice mail.

I think that's what I will do, but I feel bad not responding, but my friend says its my choice, but he knows how I feel about wanting her but thinks its best to do this because it will help on letting go and if its meant to be it will happen one day.

So did I do the right thing by not responding ?
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Feb 28, 2008, 12:02 PM
    That depends on how mature you are. If you are only going to allow her to do that, its OK to respond to her e-mail. But if you are going to be weak about it and allow her to open up a avenue to begin speaking to you. Then responding is not a good idea.
    lynxwizard Posts: 77, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marriedguy
    That depends on how mature you are. If you are only going to allow her to do that, its ok to respond to her e-mail. But if you are going to be weak about it and allow her to open up a avenue to begin speaking to you. Then responding is not a good idea.
    I think you have a good point, but I think by not responding I can also be mature, but you are right, I could end up saying something that I could regret if I respond and she starts talking to me again.
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Feb 28, 2008, 12:44 PM
    This relationship with her is dead. I wouldn't think about getting back with her ever. The reason why is this. She dated you for 2 years and decided that she wants to go back to have ex abusive or not. The fact that she did this tells me that she was harboring feelings for her ex while she was with you and my book that is the same as cheating.

Move on... for every man there are 10 women. Odds of you finding a better woman are in your favor.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Your friend is right, why open a door your trying to close. That does not compute. Maintain No Contact, now that computes very well. And makes sense!
    JL FANATIC Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Feb 28, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Yes let that woman be. Don't even talk to her anymore she is not honest to you right? If she was you would have never been together. Good luck I need a relationship counseler.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Older toilets -- weak swirl, weak flush [ 24 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. Our toilets are original to the house, 20-plus years old. When flushed, the swirl isn't strong enough to completely flush the bowl. The bowl does NOT overflow, but it has to be flushed multiple times. We have very hard water where we live, despite having a regularly...

Bi polar moment [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, does a person that has bipolar disorder all of the sudden start to curse at someone for no reason?he said he could feel it coming on I'm not understanding all of the bipolar thing it sounds like an excuse to say whatever you really want to say when you get agrivatted.:confused:

Not worried at moment but getting there. [ 2 Answers ]

... hi... umm.. im a 19 yr old male and puberty in my family runs kind of late, the guys usually don't finish till close to or after their 19th yr, but for the past few days I've noticed a small bump on the underside of my penis (shaft). Its not exactly sore as in the aspect of constant. Its mainly...

Unexplainable moment [ 7 Answers ]

Is it possible for someone to walk into a room and the smell of my perfume be so strong that it gagged him, yet I lived two states away, and hadn't been there for months? What does that mean? We'd been friends for over 20 years, and I hadn't lived by him for 16 of those years, we discovered that...

Moment of inertia [ 2 Answers ]

what is the moment of inertia of a hollow sphere with mass 5 kg and radius .5m I know the equation is 2/3mR^2 but I don't know how to include the units

View more questions Search