Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gurukool Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 07:50 AM
    How to file for an extension?
    I am on h1-b visa. I got married in December 2007 and my wife will join me(on H4 visa) in another 3 months. I like to fill my tax as `Married Filing Jointly', so I thought of getting extension.

I know how to get extension from federal tax. But don’t know how get it for state tax.

My question is:
    1. How do I get extension from state tax?

2. I live in New Jersey and work in New York. So I am filling tax for both state. Do I need to get extension from both states?

Appreciate any help.
    Thanks,
    Guru
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 01:43 PM
    If you have refunds coming from the IRS, NJ and NY, you need NOT file the extension. You have paid your taxes and neither the IRS nor either state will care if you ever file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia File Extension Problem [ 3 Answers ]

This is an extensive and complicated problem with regards to Netscape 7.1, Flash/Shockwave the latest versions, and Windows Media Player 9. The first time I encountered this I was using Netscape and wmv movies will not play as an embedded movie on a webpage. I manually altered the file...

MPP File extension [ 3 Answers ]

Hello How do I read a MPP file (Microsft Power project) Do I need a MPP project viewer or can I read it using Another software ? Is it also possible to edit the file ? Thanks

Ms office file with iso extension [ 1 Answers ]

I fdownload a flie which contain complete package of MS Office. But the problem is that, the file is ISO extension type. Please tell me how can I execute this type of file

Finding the file extension that a Program uses [ 8 Answers ]

Not having any luck with Google on this one. The question: What file extension does a database file created by Avanquest's Database Professional have? I know about FILExt - The File Extension Source for searching by file extension, but does anyone know of a search tool to search by software...

How and when to file for an extension to evict? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a tenant who is living in an apartment with my 3 year old daughter I refused to pay rent when I found out that my gas space heater in my bedroom was illegal in a bedroom so it could not be turned on. I have a letter from the health department that came in the mail after my time to appeal was...

View more questions Search