Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feelhappy Posts: 17, Reputation: 0
    -

Feb 25, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Embarrassing when somebody looks at my feet ! Shoe bites or corn?
    Hi people,

Its all about a pointed formal shoes I had worn which accumulated think layers of skin on almost all my toes.Generally people get it on their little toe. BUT I have it on all toes except one toe in the middle.Its for sure not a shoe bite,but its due to the frequent friction of the shoe its resulted in the development of extra think skin.It doesn't pain or hurt,so some times when it looks too ugly I take a blade and peel it off.(Which I must not be doing).BUT again the skin develops those layers ,making a think film of brownish black hard skin.

I am really helpless as I have tried and number of things on my feet already.Had been to a dermatologist who asked me to apply Aloederm cream,which I did.I have tried messaging with moisturizer ,vasline petroleum jelly , vitamin E oil etc and find no difference.This skin becomes soft for some days and again returns back to the think dirty layer.I don't see a solution.I agree that there are so many people who have lost their legs,but trust me I feel disgusted to wear open sandles .If anyone looks at my feet I feel so damn ashamed.Please please for gods sake give me a good solution.This is there from past one and a half years.I was waiting for so long thinking that It will go .BUT it dindnt .Please help.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 05:55 PM
    I used to buy a product called Pretty Feet and Dr. Scholls has a rub that you put on, work into rough skin and it sloughs away over a period. I use pumice stone on a regular basis and my feet used to be in really bad shape!
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 25, 2008, 09:37 PM
    I'm sorry you feel disgusted to wear open sandals. Try a second opinion from a dermatologist. If there is nothing you can do, you have no choice but to try to accept it. I've seen numerous movie stars with beautiful bodies and toes that are uneven and with corns, besides bony. They still look fine because they have self confidence. Nobody is perfect. We must accept our inperfections. It's not easy, I've been through a similar situation. At least you can hide your inperfection under closed cute sandals, sketchers has numerous styles. I'd be worried if the inperfection was on my face. Anyhow, try a second opinion. Look at the bright side. "A beautiful body is a body that can move".
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 27, 2008, 10:18 PM
    I asked my mom, she had a similar problem. Her feet looked like they gad scales, the skin layer on top was thick and crusty. The doctor said it was caused by her everyday use of open sandals. She used synthetic materials. Well, she used a antifungal cream, even though she didn't have fungus. She used vaseline and put socks day and night. Her feet went back to normal or close to normal. I have small imperfections that I cover. We all do. I use open sandals, but not too open, because my left foot is skinnier and I don't really like my toes. But, I'm O.K. -when I start complaining, I picture myself with a prosthesis.
    Shuntell11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 12:00 PM
    I Have Bad Feet And Im In High School And My 17th Birthday Is coming Up ANd I Found The Best Dress In The World But Im SCared To Wear Scandels Because Im Scared Everybody Will Look At My Feet Because I Don't Normally Wear Them Out And Everybodies Going To Be Surprised And Trying To Look And I Don't Want To Embarrase Myself :'( May 10th , Is My Birthday
    bulldog921 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 02:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuntell11 View Post
    I Have Bad Feet And Im In High School And My 17th Birthday Is coming Up ANd i Found The Best Dress In The World But Im SCared To Wear Scandels Because Im Scared Everybody Will Look At My Feet Because I Dont Normally Wear Them Out And Everybodies Going To Be Suprised And Trying To Look And I Dont Want To Embarrase Myself :'( May 10th , Is My Birthday

Try helping your feet breathe, relax and soak them for 15 or 30 minutes,. warm water and epsom salt. This may reduce swelling too, depending on how much you feel necessary, the nails on your feet and hands are softest when getting out of bath or shower, try clipping them soon after shower, 30 minutes or less and follow up occasionally. You will see improvement, moisturize and I think name if cornstones, PEGS or something close, will evenly shave small layers of skin and is your bodies reaction to your daily actions to keep your bodies durability as a whole. Minor maintenance and epsom salt is cheap with the water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've been brainwashed by the media (this is embarrassing) [ 10 Answers ]

I can't see beauty in me. The media got it's message sink in me very well! I know it's my fault really because of my own weakness and low self esteem. It's just that now I don't seem to be able to break this mindset... I'm no model... I've always had bad self esteem. Never really got a lot of...

Embarrassing meeting [ 5 Answers ]

A guy goes to the supermarket and notices a beautiful blond woman wave at him and say hello. He's rather taken aback, because he can't place where he knows her from. So he says, "Do you know me?" To which she replies, "I think your the father of one of my kids." Now his mind travels back to the...

Connecting a metal shoe strainer to a plastic shoe elbow (bath drain). [ 1 Answers ]

I bought an "Ezy Touch Plastic Bath Drain" and I'm installing it in a new bathtub. Do I need to use the PVC tape around the metal shoe strainer to 'screw' it in the plastic shoe elbow?

Embarrassing leakage [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I had 3 kids, and I am 41 years old. My last son was over 10 lbs and they were ALL regular deliveries, with no drugs. The last kid really did a number on me. So about 4 years ago I had a hysterectomy, BEST thing I ever did. No more monthlies and cramps. But ever since I was little, I had...

Ok... this is embarrassing... [ 14 Answers ]

So tonight things are getting hot and heavy between me and my lady friend, and we decide to take it to the bedroom... I was SO ready to go until it came time, then I just totally freaked myself out and couldn't do it! Now, I have NO problem getting aroused by any means, but I just couldn't shut off...

View more questions Search