Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aah0317 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Age of Father Does it matter?
    I'm 17 years old and 39 weeks pregnant my baby is due any day now. My family is telling me the father of the baby can't be in the room because he is underage. The father of the baby is at age of consent in my state. And I really want him in the birthing room because I believe that's not fair for him not to be able to see his own child born. Can he still be allowed in the birthing room? Please help! Thank you!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 05:07 PM
    I think that you have to ask the hospital that question, they are the ones who decide who is and is not allowed in the room. Most hospitals defer to the mother, if you really want him in the room I can't see them keeping him out. This is your child, not your family's, they don't have the right to keep the father of this baby out of the birthing room, they should put their anger aside, it's too late to stop the pregnancy so it's time to let by gones be by gones and try and get along for the babies sake. Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 06:33 PM
    This is part of the issue, 1. you are still a minor and your parents will most likely have the say who can or can not be in the room.
    If it was just up to you, I see no reason he could not be, if his parents would agree.

This is part of the problems with having children at such young ages,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the age difference matter? [ 27 Answers ]

I am female and 21, I'm in love with a 16 year old male who also loves me. We have grown up together and we are Christians and attend our local church. At the moment we are unsure if we should tell people. My parents know about the situation but his don't. Therefore we are a secret and have been...

Does age really matter? [ 10 Answers ]

I am kind of in a little shuffle here. My boyfreind is 4 years older than I am and he gets made fun of by his friends. My boyfriend isn't one of those people who care about what other people think but when they make fun of him about it, he thinks he is doing something wrong. He doesn't want to...

Age matter [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 27 and my husband is 57 were together for 9 months and keep trying but still I'm not pregnant. Does my husband age matter?

Does age difference matter sexually? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 34 and my live in boyfriend is 43. Sex with us has never been a 5 days a week kind of situation (we have only been together for 5 months). Now.. if I had my choice it would be everyday! But long story short is that sex just is not important to him. He says it never has been.(when we first met...

View more questions Search