Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hooligans Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Felony conviction
    I was charged 3 years ago with a felony conviction for possession of a forged instrument, it was a d felony with 5 years probation. I have an issue going on now with the possibility of another felony. This has been going on for 8 months with no indictment or anything. I want to know if I am able to re-open or challenge my first felony because of mis representaion of council and being forced to sign a statement by the police. I want to know if this can be reopened and maybe reduced to a misdemeanor. Please advise Thanks.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 04:43 PM
    It's been too long for you to reopen the first case. You should have done it right after conviction not down the road some 5+ years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 04:50 PM
    The time frame to file a appear should have passed.

Biggest worry now, is that even before you go to trial for this, they can still revolk your probatoin just for being arrested.
    hooligans Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    It's been too long for you to reopen the first case. You should have done it right after conviction not down the road some 5+ years.
    What is the time frame for this, It has been just about a little over two and half years ago is this to late even if I was pressured into admitting this ,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 06:42 PM
    You can be "pressured" the police can lie and trick, they can not beat you but they can do a lot of pressure, did they waterboard you? What sort of pressure are you talking about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

Felony Conviction on an Application [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need advice. I am doing a job search and a company I am interviewing for asks on their application if I have EVER been convicted of a felony. I had some convictions 20 years ago, but nothing since then. Do I have to disclose this information on the application? Is it legal to ask...

Felony Conviction [ 1 Answers ]

Can I Become A Paralegal In Paif I Have A Felony Conviction In Pa?

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search