Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jad0422 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Felony Conviction on an Application
    Hello,

I need advice. I am doing a job search and a company I am interviewing for asks on their application if I have EVER been convicted of a felony. I had some convictions 20 years ago, but nothing since then. Do I have to disclose this information on the application? Is it legal to ask this question? I thought a company could only inquire about your convictions for the past 7 years. I appreciate you advice!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 01:53 PM
    No, not sure where you ever heard that. They may ask if you EVER had a conviction. Many background searches only go back 7 years, ( esp drivers license records) those tickets normally don't show up after 7 years.

Depending on who runs the search some older convictions don't show up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

Teaching & felony conviction [ 3 Answers ]

I have read the previous posts about this, but I received mine over 11 years ago. It was felony shoplifting. I was blamed for letting merchandise go out the door at my job. I had a public defender. I paid $4000 in restitution (sp.). I was put on probation and I paid all of my fines. That was the...

Felony Conviction [ 1 Answers ]

Can I Become A Paralegal In Paif I Have A Felony Conviction In Pa?

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search