Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazililsharp77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 01:14 PM
    My dads sore
    My father is over weight man but he has never had a sore like this before, its right under his arm roll kind of and its like red in some places it looks wet and it smells a bit... any ideas?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 21, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Is the sore in an area where skin might rub together or on clothing?
    crazililsharp77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Yes its in like the crease of his role but it's a large area.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Could be a bed sore- a type of ulscer. They're common in bed ridden and overweight people and can be stopped by moving the person every so often or releaving the pressure caused by the fat rolls by moving the arm in a different position every so often.

You can help by cleaning it then applying a topical antestetic like neosporin and then covering it with gause or something similar. Make sure you get him moving his arm so that the sore dosen't have too much pressure on it because these are also called pressure sores (caused by pressure).

If it gets worse, or if you already think it's infected take him to see a doctor as it could cause serious health problems if not treated correctly.

Hope he feels better!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Sounds like it could possibly be a pressure ulcer to me. He should have this looked at by his doctor as infection is highly possible.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 01:58 PM
    I have eight pressure sores, my skin is dissolving; they are similar to your father's sore or perhaps the same. I am being treated by a visiting nurse in my home. I have severe depression, and I don't take care of myself properly, well, at all.

Treatment is thorough cleansing every day with soap(get rid of the bacteria and odor), dry completely, then apply prescribed ointment and keep dry during the day.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my dads house haunted? [ 4 Answers ]

OK. So here's the thing I live with my mom but I live with my dad every other weekend. Well my dad moved into this old old old old old victorian house and this is kind of weird and stuff but I think its haunted! Me and my 5 year old sister have separate rooms for personal reasons but she will come...

Dads drunk [ 14 Answers ]

OK most parents get drunk every once in a while but my dad is drinking about 3 to 5 bottles of beer on a regular basis just about every day :eek: its scaring me I'll go to bed and the rum bottle is half full when I wake up its almost all gone I was thinking I may have been jumping to conlutions...

Dads girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I really like my dads girlfriend. A lot. Buut I really feel like every time I am with my dad she takes control on what is suppose to be his decision, OK as an example. MOVIES: so when I am with her and my dad I want to watch a rated R movie like knocked up and she says no because its rated R...

Dads rights [ 2 Answers ]

If the dad gives up his rights does he still have to pay child support?

Dads looking for me [ 2 Answers ]

My dad's wants visitation rights after 12 years. Should I be excited or mad?

View more questions Search