Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ferg0007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Replacing A Weathertron to a Honeywell
    I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual.
    I have the following wires on the Weathertron:
    R-red
    T-brown
    O-orange
    G-green
    Y-yellow
    X2-black
    B-blue
    W-white

I'm not sure where the T wire should go or what to do with the grey wire.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 06:47 AM
    Moved to HVAC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Weathertron thermostat with Honeywell [ 7 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual. I have the following wires on the Weathertron: R-red T-brown O-orange...

Upgrade from a Weathertron to a Honeywell RTH230B Thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old weathertron thermostat (about 25 yrs old). We have central air and heating in our town home and I just purchased a Honeywell RTH230B programmable thermostat to replace it. I am unaware as to how to connect the new honeywell to my system because it has 5 slots for wires, but my old...

Trane Weathertron to Honeywell RTH7000 Wiring instructions. [ 3 Answers ]

I need wiring instructions. I have a Trane Weathertron thermostat and I want to replace with a Honeywell RTH7000. The Trane Weathertron terminals are as follows: B= Blue X2=Black W= White T= Brown G= Green O= Orange Y= Yellow R= Red

Replacing Weathertron thermostat with Honeywell RTH8500 [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone confirm that I am wiring my new Honeywell RTH8500 thermostat the right way. I am replacing a Weathertron Baystat240. RTH Connection Label Wire Color RC Jumper R (R)Red O/B ...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

View more questions Search