Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smith1012 Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Invited to this huge club party.I'm nervous!
    Hey,

Okay one of buddies told me to come to this huge party at this club. Huge meaning like hundreds of people (19-22 years). Some I know(not very comfortable with them) and others I don't.

I want to go and have fun but I'm getting nervous thinking about my social skills and how I'm going to act. I'm shy and not the type to go up to people and talk. When I talk to someone and they think I'm weird, I start thinking more negatively than I already am.

I always want them to come to me and if I just stand there at the club quiet, I'm scared that many are going to start making fun of me. Men are men right. But I act like a girl and I admit it.

I have this type of issue a lot where I'm in a group and hardly say a word because I'm worried my voice sounds weird or what I say is just retarded and just doesn't come out right because when I'm nervous I sort of stutter. What should I do? Should I just say I'm not coming because I don't want to be depressed after the party. If I do go I plan of drinking a little bit of alcohol (not abuse it) alone before I attend the party so I can be relaxed.

Thanks for any advice in advance :)
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Feb 11, 2008, 04:48 PM
    wow kind of weird because I'm the same as you. I have found for me, that I just end up going, and I have fun sitting by myself just smoking cigarettes and talking to one or 2 other random people. I would say, go. Just because there are 100 or more people, doesn't mean it would be any worse than 5 or 10 people. In a huge group like that, hardly anyone would be able to notice you anyway. Id actually like to know your age, and your gender so I could maybe help you out more. For me, I'm a 27 year old, and I haven't felt the way you described since I was in my teens. I also think it would be easier for a girl to have fun at a party like that, although maybe I'm being a bit sexist in thinking that.

Feb 11, 2008, 04:56 PM
    I'm male and 19 years old. Thing is I want to make friends but get nervous thinking about it too much. Basically if I have a goal that puts me in front of people and start thinking about it too much, I get anxious and negative about things. What I learned from alcohol was whenver I tried thinking negative, my mind would say 'that's nonsense, why care," SO easily!

Feb 11, 2008, 05:17 PM
    It's funny though I'm uncomfortable hanging with people I know. I guess it's because I don't go out as much so I'm not too used to social life. I get happy when people like me but very depressed when I think they don't even if it were just one person. I never ever had the feelling of 'never mind style' when it comes people and I envy that. If I had a lot of friends I guess id have that feeling but I'm not in luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Has the Democratic Party always been the cry-baby Party? [ 21 Answers ]

This is an honest question and I’m looking for an honest answer. Since I can remember Democrats talk about what a lousy country this is and constantly complain about the “unfairness” of life, the “evils” of big business, the never-shrinking scourge of racism and homophobia, and the inevitable...

Not Invited [ 9 Answers ]

My Niece is getting married and I was not invited to the Wedding however I would like to attend the Church ceremony, My Question is this can I attend the ceremony and not get thrown out of the Church buy the Priest and or his helpers ? :confused: :confused:

Club/party atmosphere [ 3 Answers ]

Just a question for guys: Why would a man ( between ages 20-30)approach a woman in a club, start talking to her & then walk away without asking for her number?(Assuming all hygiene is in tact; and he wasn't so far away that he couldn't tell what she looked like.. lol) Why approach in the first...

Babysitters club or the baby-sitter's club? [ 1 Answers ]

I say the movie Babysitters Club made in 1995. Then I saw there was a movie called The Baby-sitters club made in 1995. One has a different actress but I havvent seen it. I only saw the one without THE and the hyphen. Doe anyone know the difference?

View more questions Search