Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bathinnkeeper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Toilet leaking
    I have a toilet drain leaking and it is not easily accessible, without cutting a hole in my ceiling. Is there a way to insert a new pipe within the old past the leaking point?
    Goodmorningworld17 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 06:20 PM
    If I understand correctly, you don't want to cut open any walls or do any medium to large project on this. And you would like to INSERT a pipe into your existing pipe as.. almost a leak-guard. I would strongly suggest you do not do this. If you don't wish to open the below ceiling, I would suggest you TURN OFF THE WATER then remove the toilet from the floor, cut open the floor and replace the pipe or properly seal it. Adding a new pipe will one, be impossible because you will not find a pipe that is smaller then the one you are using and yet large enough to not permit any water going between.

And secondly, adding an inner pipe in a TOILET pipe will likely cause horrible problems with, shall we say, "blockage". The inner pipe will catch "material" and could very well make your problem much worse. If you have the money, I would hire a plumber, if not I would research how to do it properly.

ON A SECOND NOTE: If in this bathroom you happen to have a shower or possibly a sink which water often overflows in, you may just have a problem with overflow. I recently had a new shower installed and the corners where the wall conects to the floor had to caulking around the tile. Even the connection of Bathtub to floor and Bathtub to wall did, stepping out of the shower the water dripping from my feet would seep through the crack and cause several large wet spots on the floor below.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water still leaking from toilet bowl.after replacing toilet! [ 6 Answers ]

The water was leaking from the bowl of our toilet and we were getting "phantom flushes"... water was also seen trickling into bowl... SO, we replaced the whole toilet as it was pretty darn old. We put in a new wax ring, installed the toilet correctly as far as we can tell... and now the water leaks...

Leaking toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I just changed everything in my toilet and now it's leaking from the new rubber valve, rubber washers, and new bolts. I do not have any cracks. I have not overtightened them but made sure they are tight. Any suggestions? Should I just go buy a new rubber valve/washers and bolts? ...

Leaking toilet [ 5 Answers ]

OK I have a toilet that leaks around its base. I've installed many toilets in this house and others but this one is a problem. I've "installed" toilet about 3x now. 1) the flange has a crack where the flange bolt is pulling up - probably I either over tightened or had it not square in the PVC...

Leaking toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I went away on vacation Florida... turned the heat down to about 65, I usually keep it at 68-70... when I came home and flushed the toilet... water seeped out of the back where it's bolted together... I looked inside the tank and where it's leaking from it looks like there is a bolt with a washer...

Toilet leaking [ 2 Answers ]

I have a toilet on the main level of a two story house, NO basement or crawl space. Sometime during the something happened with the toilet... in the morning there was water all over the floor in the bathroom and in the hallway. What do I check first to find where the water is coming out? I have...

View more questions Search