Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curtio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Electric furnace
    My furnace will turn on with the thermostat but it will not shut down. Is this a problem with the thermosts or something in the furnace. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Could be a thermostat BUT I would check the heat relays or what ever controls turning the heaters on and off inside the electric furnace.

Sounds like a relay or control is stuck shut allowing low voltage or high voltage to stay on all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Furnace [ 5 Answers ]

My electric furnace will work perodically, I'm not sure of the brand or model, it's in a 1986 doublewide. It will run and heat fine for a few days, and then it will just stop for a day or so, then start again. Inside the furnace panel I can hit the rocker switch to the ON position, instead of AUTO...

How to convert a gas furnace to electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a conversion kit

Electric Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Can a sequencer have a short in it that would cause the blower (on auto)to work intermittingly?It wouldn't work on auto for a week then it worked for a few days and now it won't.?

Electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I can hear the furnace trying to come on. I hear an elctric switch come on for about 1 1/2 seconds and the stop. It keeps on doing this. What do I do?

View more questions Search