Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babynette Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Tax questions
    I have claimed my brother on my tax return as my dependent he 18 so do you think that I will EIC credit for him? Please someone who has tax knowlegdge respond.
    Barry D Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 08:49 PM
    The EIC is based on your income. Your dependent( brother) may help you get a larger tax credit but it is not based on any of his income... Go to the tax booklet earned income table and follow the instructions to calculate the credit
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Welcome To You

Meet a lot of great people -- learn more than you ever thought possible

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did,
    but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    --Mayo Angelou
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 10:33 PM
    (Question moved from Introductions to appropriate topic area.)
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Babynette:

Your brother meets the criteria for the EIC if YOU made $33,241 or less in 2007.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More tax questions [ 7 Answers ]

Posted earlier and didn't show up... 1) if daughter 21y/o as of Dec 07 lived under my roof, but didn't go to college, didn't support herself, I did more than 50 % how do I claim her on my taxes, since I have claimed as head of household for the past 4 years. 2) ex resides in another state but...

H1 tax questions. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to apply for my wife's ITIN. Is there a specific time to apply? Or can I apply right away using W7? Also, to file my return for fy 2007 please let me know what forms I ll need. I am aware that I ll need Form 1040. Is there any other form I need to include with my return? Thanks

H-1B - other tax questions [ 1 Answers ]

Further to other recent correspondence on this matter. I have been employed in the US since February 2006 on an H-1B visa. My former employer in the UK asked me to continue assisting on a consultancy basis in the winding up of a few outstanding issues with my work. They paid me $20,000 in four...

Tax questions [ 1 Answers ]

1. I was still a non-resident in tax year of 2005, but my wife changed her status to resident (because she has been here in the US for 5 years since Aug.05) Can we file Joint Return? Somebody told me only citizen or permanent resident can file joint return with their spouses. 2. My wife has been...

View more questions Search