Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caligirl09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 06:07 PM
    something's wrong with my dog
    my dog starts randomly shake and it scares me. What's wrong with him?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 06:35 PM
    What kind of dog, how big, how old please? How long has he been doing this?
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 30, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Twinkie is right. Please provide more information. How long have you had this dog and is it just starting. Please try and get back to us.
    jacimackie Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Take your dog to the vet ASAP. There can be many different causes for random shaking, including some as mild and non-threatening as stress. However, there are many causes that can be life threatening for your dog and these need to be checked out. Your dog may have epilepsy - not at all uncommon for dogs and usually treatable. It may be dehydrated, diabetic, or have certain types of viruses or bacterial infections that can affect the dog's nervous system. You need to eliminate the dangerous causes before trying to diagnose the problem yourself.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 30, 2008, 02:09 PM
    My poodle had epilepsy and would shake. She would shake pretty violently and for several minutes. She was having seizures and I took her to the vet. We were able to treat the condition successfully. I agree that taking your dog to the vet is best.

Hope everything is OK!
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 10, 2008, 03:57 AM
    This sounds like epilepsy. Go to your vet asap. Good luck
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Feb 10, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Like everyone else... I agree, take the pup to the vet. Not enough info is known to give advise.

My situation: I had a pup that did this... took it to the vet... it was an internal nerve problem. There was, unfortunately, no solution for it.

So, as you see here, there are problems that can be fixed and problems that can't. Shakes are a symptom of way to many problems... therefore making it impossible for any of us to tell you what is wrong and how to treat it.

Sorry, but a vet visit is in order for this one.

Good luck to you and little puppy!

P.S. Hope you will come back and let us know an update

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What wrong with my dog? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog won't eat or drink and he's stomach is bigger than before, and he is breathing heavy,and he's lazy and won't move around.

Something's wrong! [ 7 Answers ]

My computer won't log in to internet. I know I have signal I even called the company. When I turn on my computer it takes a long time (around 3 mins) to load my desktop. And when that happens my tool bar at the bottom looks like windows 2000 or 98 which is suppose to be windows xp. And, every...

I'm babysitting a dog and something's wrong [ 9 Answers ]

I'm babysitting my sisters dog, he's a Pekingese mix. She advised me that he had a spot on his leg and has cream for it. Tonight I noticed that he was licking it a lot, and upon closer look, The lower part of his belly and the skin on both of his back legs (under the fur) all the way up is red,...

What is wrong with my dog? [ 12 Answers ]

She has just started acted like she is in pain today. Every time I try and pet her on her head, she squints her eyes as if she has a migraine and her head hurts. She won't eat and she is just laying around. I can't figure what is wrong with her.

I'm pregnant at 17 but something's wrong [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant and cramping... is that normal?

View more questions Search