Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandra Zachary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 12:53 AM
    Wiring for 5-speed fan control wall switch
    I have installed a ceiling fan/light fixture, however, am not sure as how to wire the wall switch, specifically the wiring for the 5-speed fan control. I am able to get the light to work, but not the fan.

Look forward to your replies. Thank you
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 09:08 AM
    If fan control has 2 wires, connect where a switch would go. You may need an extra wire going up to fan. If no space for an additional switch, they make a light/fan combo dimmer/control that fits in single gang
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 02:09 AM
    What wires do you have.

Going with the point that Strat makes, what is the fan replacing?
    bakery 725 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 08:12 AM
    How to wire a 5 speed switchj on a ceiling fan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3-speed fan control switch wire connection [ 23 Answers ]

Inside housing case are two boxes. One box has #1,2,3,and letter L. The other box has 1 red wire glued in silicone. There are two cords running into housing case. A gray cord coming from fan's motor with 5 wires: White,yellow,blue,gray,green w/white stripe. A black cord (two prong plug) with...

Wiring a 3 speed fan switch (mechanical rotary type) [ 1 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay pedestal fan has a 3 speed rotary switch that broke apart. I was able to reconstruct it but I'm not sure of the wiring. It's terminals are labeled with L, 1, 2, 3 and I have black, white, brown and red wires coming from the fan motor. I'm pretty sure "L" is the black wire but...

Confused: 2 or 3 wire wall switch for Fan Control [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am buying a new house (new construction) and I have a question regarding fan controls. I bought hunter fans (augusta III) and Hunter Ceiling fan controls (27182). The control says it is for a 3 wire wall switch. Is that how switches are normally wired and will these controls work...

Wiring for DUAL wall switch to control Ceiling Fan and Light Separately [ 20 Answers ]

Greetings. I recently bought a new ceiling fan and light kit to replace one that had been in my sun porch for over 20 years. A dual wall switch was always used to control the light and fan separately on the older fan. The fan speeds were controlled by pull chain. Before I took the old fan down, I...

Wall Speed control on old ceiling fan install new with pull switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old celing fan purchased in the 80's with a wall mount speed control knob. I purchased a Hampton Bay, Huntinton III 522-306 3 speed control with a pull chain. When installing the unit the fan does not work. I have a white wire, a black wire, a blue wire for the light and a ground...

View more questions Search