Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dansk Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Some ways to gain confidence and self-esteem?
    What are some ways someone can gain confidence and self-esteem in a relationship?
    And why does a person bursting with endless confidence and self-esteem seem to flop when they get into a serious relationship becoming jealous... clingy.. and attached ?

Just want to hear everyone's advice on this topic... many of my friends has asked this question many times over. Feel free to say whatever comes to mind..

Thanks!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 12:19 AM
    My friend seems like she's bursting with confidence and self esteem. At least until you really get to know her. Then you realize that its all for show and she is actually rather insecure. And then in relationships she becomes incredibly clingy. So I guess some people flop because their confidence isn't real
    dansk Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2008, 12:25 AM
    That could be a reason...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 11:57 AM
    When people don't have a clue as to who they really are, or are not honest with themselves or others, about themselves, that false front always falls apart, and reality shows.
    suicidegirl41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2011, 09:26 PM
    I feel like I am pretty confident, but I am defiantly a person whom becomes clingy and my self-esteem drops at the drop of a hat I have ADHD and sometimes feel like I may have bipolar problms as well. Great huh! Im such a hoot!
    I find myself feeling more relatable to homeless people and dogs, than my friends that love and care for me when I am really in a rut, and I don't trust anyone with my feeling out of fear of what I might say that I will later regret or spend time making excuses for. I am so tired of people taking one little upset and twisting it around.
    I am vulnerable in a relationship and I think I sabotage my relationships- because I expect too much out of people who are just trying to be themselves. Or maybe I am too good for the people I have dated, at least that's what my friends say, but hey what are friends for. Sometimes I wish I could just be normal, confident, not codependent and whatever else it is I am that makes me question myself constantly. I come up with these twisted scenarios that are always so far fetched that even I worry about myself LOL but I do get kind of caught up in details that really get me going. But in the end It is just an excuse to throw a spoke in the wheel of a relationship that has gone south so I don't have to face the fact that, we ( or I) am just like everyone else and sometimes that equates to Im just plan searching for something that is a little more... my thing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to gain self confidence and how to maintain that ? [ 19 Answers ]

How to gain self confidence and how to maintain that for future ?

Security deposit to gain or not to gain? [ 1 Answers ]

Living in Rochester NY. Had a one year lease ready to move . This complex is privately owned corp. Its huge. Leaving Rochester office claims it will send security in one month time. Does this complex have the right to keep the interest my security deposit has gained. In the past living at other...

No Confidence [ 2 Answers ]

I have no confidence and very low self esteem. This has a very big impact on all aspects of my life. I am forever putting myself down, I cannot accept compliments although people tell me all the time I am an attractive women. I allow people to use me because I do not think much of myself. I...

Low Self-esteem and Confidence [ 60 Answers ]

Hey I've been with my girlfriend for over a month now and I feel I have very low self-esteem and confidence. I feel like I'm not good enough for my girlfriend, though I'm torn because it feels we are right for each other; we both have the same temprement and (dare I say it) simple people with...

Books for building self-esteem/self-confidence [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I am curious to know if anyone has any suggestions about books which help to build self-confidence and self-esteem. I feel I have also had trouble accepting myself for who I am, and have poor self image. I am trying to recover from a breakup, and this has only compounded these...

View more questions Search