Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellemichellemichelle Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 09:26 AM
    No Confidence
    I have no confidence and very low self esteem. This has a very big impact on all aspects of my life. I am forever putting myself down, I cannot accept compliments although people tell me all the time I am an attractive women. I allow people to use me because I do not think much of myself. I really want to change the way I feel. I want to be confident and at ease in social situations. I have had to resort to anti depressents because I am so down about my life and the way I am.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Nov 9, 2007, 09:15 AM
    The way you talk to yourself has a huge impact on how you feel about yourself.

When you ask yourself "Why am I so stupid?" Your brain - consciously and unconsciously - will go about answering that question and provides you all the "proof" you need about why you are so stupid.

If you ask yourself "How do I solve this problem?" Your brain - consciously and unconsciously - will go about answering that question and start coming up with ideas about how to solve this problem you are pondering.

Now take these two patterns of thinking and consider what becomes of a person talking this way to themselves after 5 years.. or 10 years.. or a lifetime.

All of us are human. We're just people. And every person has value... Every person has something they can be proud of. Every person has something they can do well. But people have an amazing capacity for self-deception, and your self-deception is on the negative end.

Stop convincing yourself how "bad" things are and open yourself to all the "good" things around you.
    Life is so much better when you look at it as opportunity, not danger.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Why do you suppose you're the way you are? Were you raised by extremely overbearing parents? My guess is that you probably were. You need to rid yourself of the mentality that you have to please everybody and that everybody else comes first and not you. You need to do what's right for YOU ; not what's right for someone else. You no doubt had guilt trips put upon you by your family. You need to find a way to rise above those guilt trips and realize that it was just that ; guilt trips, without a shred of legitimate truth to them. Don't ever let someone else make you feel guilty for being who you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO confidence [ 1 Answers ]

Im meant to be going college today to talk about what I want to do.. And I'm scared I've got confidence in other aspects of my life but starting college is scary I got attackd in school and dropped out and fell into a depression and startd self-harming I'm trying to get over that its working but...

Where has my confidence gone? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you pick yourself up after you have fallen so deep into this hole. I have become the lowest of the low. Myself confidence is lost... I don't have a grasp at anything anymore. I feel as if I have lost my ground, no I don't have a ground anymore... It's like I am floating. I've completely...

Where has my confidence gone? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you pick yourself up after you have fallen so deep into this hole. I have become the lowest of the low. Myself confidence is lost... I don't have a grasp at anything anymore. I feel as if I have lost my ground, no I don't have a ground anymore... It's like I am floating. I've completely...

Confidence. [ 3 Answers ]

Oh I'm admitting it. I have self confidence issues. I never thought I did because well... I don't know I always thought I was pretty dam confident.. but after asking here and talking to some friends they all agree that I have low confidence in myself... Something like I feel I'm not good enough...

Confidence... [ 1 Answers ]

Some say that confidence is instilled by a significant other while growing up. Some say confidence happens when you have success at something and you build on that success. Well I didn't draw on a significant other while growing up because Dad didn't have any confidence either. I seem to mirror...

View more questions Search