Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicnac Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Will I ever adapt to life with my boyfriend's child?
    I love my man, we've been together for just over 2 yrs. He is divorced (5yrs) and has a 7yr old son who he has joint custody of. I would like to move forward in this relationship but am scared to death. When I spend the whole weekend with he and his son I find myself running to the quiet of my own home at the end of the weekend. The next step would be living together, would it be okay because I'd have my own space and things or will I feel trapped and suffocated, constantly bothered by the noise?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Don't take that next step, until you can deal with the situation. Not fair to any of you. When my own grandkids leave, I am exhausted, and need a break, so nothing weird at all about seeking solace by yourself, to recharge yourself.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 12:20 PM
    When you get with someone that has a child, you are taking an entire package not just him. This is something you should have considered long before 2 years. If you can not fill in as a step mom when you are there, and feel like you can handle it. You need to move on, and allow him to find someone that wll care for him and his child.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 26, 2008, 12:25 PM
    I agree with the previous posts. If you can't wait to get back to your house, then moving in is probably a bad idea. It would be worse for everyone if you moved in and then moved out because you didn't like it. By then, his kid would have gotten used to having you around, that could be hard for him if you leave, not to mention it might destroy your relationship. I would say to look for a single guy so that you will be able to spend more time alone with him.

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I cope [ 5 Answers ]

Pregnant and dumped -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Im so so sorry but please could you take time out to read this, thank you. I really need some advice from people that I do not know... I have been with my boyfriend (ex) for 8 years,...

He mets someone else how do I cope? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend has just told me has met someone else at he week end despite during a massive arguemint last week him saying he didn't have any one else and had no interest in meeting someone. He says it wasn't planned it just happened but I am totally devastated by this news, although for the main...

How to I cope? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't understand how I can give my heart to a man, just so he can rip it to shreads. He cheated on me, and then had her call me and tell me. Last night all this happened. I was pissed and hurt, not because of what he did, but how he wasn't man enough to tell me to my face! But today, today it's...

Trying to Cope [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, My breakup is now 2 months with no contact at all however, I feel so awful because, now I realize that I walked out and I have no one to LOVE. It is so painful because, I know my ex has someone to go to even though the relationship is new. I have gotten into myself as was suggested...

How do I cope when he is stressed out? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi.. my guy is in the sales & marketing field- pharmeceuticals. He needs to achieve his monthly targets. And most of the time he do achieve it, but when he doesn't he is really stressed out. He is fun loving... and evrth . But when it come to most of the month ends,, he is blues... Sometimes he...

View more questions Search