Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CalliDee Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Calabrese Dried Bread Recipe
    I tried a old family bread while in Italy. It was made by my friends mother. The are from Calabria. At first I thought the bread was stale! It was hard and in a box in the cupboard.
    My friend showed me how you quickly run it under the faucet to dampen it slightly then wrap it in a tea towel. In about 10 minutes it softens and fluffs up. It is the best tasting bread I have ever tasted and would like to have the recipe.
    I met an very old women who was from Calabria. In my limited Italian ( she did not speak english) She told me she knew what I was talkig about and that she could not explain but another day she would show me. She told me it did not have eggs in it and that it was cooked along time at a low temperature. Unfortunately, she passed away before she could show me the recipe.
    This bread stores for a vey long time without refrigeration and tastes wonderful.
    If anyone knows the recipe, I would be very thankful

Check out some similar questions!

Pizza Hut Garlic Bread Recipe [ 39 Answers ]

Ok, so does anyone know how Pizza Hut make their Garlic Bread so damn tasty? If anyone could give me a step by step recipe I'd be chuffed to garlicy bits! Thanks All! J

Paint Roller left FUZZ on the wall and now it dried [ 2 Answers ]

So I have a very expensive high quality roller and it left a LOT of fuzz on the wall.. unfortunately I didn't see it until after the paint dried. What can I do? I was thinking of just going over it with a very thick primer and then repainting.. will this work? I learned after the fact how...

Primed PVC Joints but Glue was dried up. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Everybody. This may be a stupid question. I was working lat the other night, I Primed the parts for a couple PVC joints then opened my glue only to find it had dried up. So, 2 days later Ive got a new can of glue, can I go back and reprime those parts, glue them and get a reliable...

All dried up [ 2 Answers ]

I had a question I'm married and when I was a child I was molested by both men and woman. And konow when I have sex with m,y husband I don't always like for him to touch me on my breast. I have never had an orgasm by anyone. And when I do have sex with me husband it feels like nothing I mean I can...

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.