Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corawood Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 06:34 AM
    I submitted my answer to the court , what will happen next?
    I submitted my answer to the court on my credit card lawsuit. What should I expect next? I was told I need to turn in admissions and disclosures within 50 days. Is there anything I need to worry about anything specific. Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Hello cora:

It would help us if you'd keep all your questions on the same thread.

I don't know what will happen next. It's up their lawyer. There are a dozen different kinds of things that could happen next. You should be aware, though, that if you lose, you're the one who is going to be paying THEIR lawyer for all this stuff. The more YOU delay it, the more expensive it will be. Lawyers just love all this billable busy work too.

So, back to what you want to do. Well, let me ask you this?? Is the debt yours?? Cause if it is, you're most likely going to lose, and then you'll owe a whole lot more than you do now. Just look around here at the problems people are having when they have judgments against them.

So, if you owe it, and can gather up some cash, I'd do my best to negotiate a settlement with them...

But, if it ISN'T your debt, fight like hell. Mr yet is our expert in your area, and he should be along in a minute. If not, I'd go read his stuff. You'll probably find the kind of forms you need.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Order to strike after I served the court my answer to a Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi! I would appreciate any help with this one... I answered a judgement with the court and the lawfirm suing sent me a notice that they never received an answer with them that I was to file at the same time. So I sent out another one to their office a few days later. I have already...

What will happen to me in court? [ 26 Answers ]

Okay so me and my friend were at the mall and went into a store and stole something that cost like 6 to 10 dollars. And I got caught because my friend didn't steal from that store that I did. And it was my first time. And I'm only 13. And then so we had to call my mom to pick me up and my friend...

Can we cancel an already submitted 1040? [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if this had happened to anybody else before. I filed my federal tax twice... how do I go back and cancel one? Is there a way to do it

View more questions Search