Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghsc23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Overdrive light
    I have recently bought a used 98 ford ranger. This question is I think pretty simple yet I'm kind of confused. The overdrive on the gear change column stick can be activated by pushing it in. I drive in town for most of my driving. The light say overdrive off when I push it in. Overdrive can be used for highway use of long trips for better gas mileage. 1#When the light is on is the truck in overdrive? 2# What is the best setting for in town use?
    3# When the light is not activated does that mean the overdrive is off? When the light is on it says overdrive off. That is why I am confused.
    nutthouse Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2008, 02:51 PM
    When the light is on, the overdrive is off
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 04:23 PM
    It should say OD OFF. Hey I thought Ford had a better idea? nutthouse is correct.

Jan 24, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nutthouse
    when the light is on, the overdrive is off
    Thank you for you answer. Much appreciated

Jan 24, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch428
    It should say OD OFF. Hey I thought Ford had a better idea? nutthouse is correct.
    No doubt! Thanks for your reply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 dodge ram overdrive problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 01 ram sport and when I drive if it stays betweengears it revs up and down. Like its sgoin in and out of overdrive. I brought it to aamco and they ran the diagnostics on it. The guy told me that it was showing that the soleniod isn't working properley. I would like to know if the...

Dodge Ram Overdrive Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

The lock-out indicator light in my 94' Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500 Ram pickup stays on and the transmission will not shift into overdrive. I have tried disconnecting the speed indicator and checked and cleaned all the electrical contacts. If I disconnect the lockout switch it still won't shift into...

2000 Dodge Dakota Overdrive [ 6 Answers ]

This morning my 2000 dakota (2wd, 4.9L) suddenly jerked as I was traveling down the highway @ 50mph. It happened once more about 10 seconds later. Thinking I had a slug of bad fuel, I ran it up to 75 quickly, hen backed off. As I decelerated to 55, it jerked once more and the yellow "check engine"...

Overdrive on F-150 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I just bought a '99 F150, but I'm having a problem with it. If I'm driving in the city, and get up to 45-50mph, when I start to slow, I can feel the truck drop out of overdrive kind of hard, and then the overdrive OFF light starts flashing. There is no way to get it to stop flashing...

01 dodge ram overdrive problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2001 dodge ram, my problem is that my engine light came on and stayed on a week ago, now for no reason my truck shifts in and out of overdrive, can anybody help, we need our truck we are a motocross family.

View more questions Search