Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jan 22, 2008, 11:43 PM
    FOR guys: Why won't he let his ex-gf go?
    A little background history: She broke up with him because of long distance and didn't want to get hurt. Post-break up, they hooked up. But by the time she wanted to get back together, he didn't.

She still has feelings for him, which she's made pretty clear to him, first by asking him back and calling him one night to tell him that she misses him. He told her it couldn't work out because they were long distance and he couldn't see her when he wanted to. But, he said that they should leave it at that and discuss it when they both got back to school (it was right before winter vacation).

They talked a bit since then when suddenly, he stopped coming online. Recently she contacted him and wanted to meet up. He agreed and said he'd get back to her later. He did contact her later, but to say he was going drinking and would call her tomorrow. She contacted him again when he didn't. He wanted to meet up that day (to get it over with?), and they agreed to meet up next weekend.

What I don't understand is this: If he's not interested in her as above story clearly shows, and he knows that she still has feelings for him, why won't he just tell her outright that no they should not meet up. Why won't he tell her it's over for real?? She obviously can't let go or just be "friends" without getting hurt, so why won't he help her if he once cared for her?

I don't get it!
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 22, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Could be several reasons:

1) - He's already seeing someone else.

2) - He never really liked her, and now that it's over, doesn't want to take a chance on having something start all over again. Or just doesn't want to see her at all, getting her hopes up, etc.

3) - He's afraid of getting hurt again, or feels hurt just at the sight of her.

----

She broke it off with him. He's under no obligation to see her or talk to her. I feel sorry for this guy. It's obvious that he just wants to be left alone for a while, and she keeps pressuring him to see her, even though IT'S OVER! In your story, she's the one that's constantly contacting him and asking to see him and to talk to him, he's not the one keeping her around. She's doing it all by herself.

The problem is with her, not him.
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jan 23, 2008, 12:07 AM
    I agree that the problem is mainly with her.

However, he contacted her after the 'phone call' incident, in which she told him her feelings. He contacted her not once, but several times afterwards, wishing her a good break and talking to her online. So in a way, he encouraged her behavior and what little hope was left.

He became distant upon returning to school, which is probably why she contacted him. She wants to see how he is doing.
    randomfool Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Wow so I am going through almost the same situation only she's doing this. Like literally the same scenario with college, winter break and all. Lol sorry I have no real advice.. just had to say that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 07:54 AM
    No Contact stops all the confusion. Suggest that to your friend.
    DMBacoustic Posts: 65, Reputation: 15

Jan 23, 2008, 08:18 AM
    No contact clap clap clap clap clap

Does anybody else want to chant with me? No? Ok i'll keep going then

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Guys [ 4 Answers ]

How do I this guy I like to notice me or to ask me out?

A guy, well 2 guys, well, maybe like 20 guys. [ 4 Answers ]

Um, well, I like a guy. He says I'm pretty which is really sweet. And I like him a lot. I am willing to do anything for him. I like a lot of other guys but I don't know them well. And I know the are just crushes. So I know the first guy, I'll call him bob. Well, I know I should be with bob. He...

MATCHMAKER ALERT (Nice guys do not always finish last -but NICE nice guys do) [ 2 Answers ]

There is a general thought that: - nice guys don't get the girl. - nice guys get walked on. - nice guys get left behind. It's not that simple. 1. Nice guys can get any girl. As long as they "own their space" -- that is, they know themselves and their life purpose and what drives them.

View more questions Search