Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rob left Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Adding last name
    Can my wife add my last name to the end of her child's last name, he has his father's last name,just wondering if mine can go after biological father's last name?
    Momma to three Posts: 53, Reputation: 14

Jan 21, 2008, 01:08 PM
    He can go by any name you want him to use, but legally, as long as he is a minor, he still has to have his biological father's last name unless BOTH parents agree to the change. At least that's the law in Ohio.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Legally a person can use any name they want as long as there is no intent to defraud. However, he will still have to use his legal name on any legal papers. And his legal name is what appears on the birth certificate.

To change that you will need to adopt him or he will have to wait to he is 18 and can petition a court for a name change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a Name [ 1 Answers ]

How much will it cost to add my name to my partners existing mortgage?

Adding name to deed [ 2 Answers ]

How do we add a name to a mortgage deed

Adding a name to a deed [ 1 Answers ]

How do I add my son's name to the deed of my property

Adding my name to a mortgage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi My sister is struggling with her mortgage alone, and as asked me if I would like to go in on the mortgage to cut down her monthly payments. I think this is a investment for me, as it is so difficult to get on the property ladder these days. How do you go about it? Does she have to re...

Adding chemicals [ 1 Answers ]

I need step by step instruction on adding chemicals to a 36" high inflatable pool. I don't know where to start after filling the pool.

View more questions Search