Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nnerchi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Abandonment
    My ex have not seen my (our son) since he was born, he's two now. Would this be consider abandonment? How long until it is considered abandonment. We live in California. Thank you for your time and answer.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Scroll down the page to"Parental Abandonment of Children".

abandonment legal definition of abandonment. abandonment synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nnerchi
    My ex have not seen my (our son) since he was born, he's two now. Would this be consider abandonment? How long until it is considered abandonment. We live in California. Thank you for your time and answer.

Why are you looking to establish abandonment? That is often a factor - the Courts want your child to be financially supported and a Petition for abandonment can turn into a Petition for Support.

If someone is interested in adopting your child it's not as simple as "proving" abandonment and then someone else adopts the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

HI I have 4 children ages 8, 4, 3, 1 my 8 and 4 year old are from a previous relationship I left my ex when my 4 year old was 3 months old. And my boyfriend is the only father the 4 year old knows. The first year my ex and I separated he stuck to our agreement that he would take his kids every...

Abandonment [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: Can someone tell me the advantages and benefits of having a parent declared to have abandoned his children? excon

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband is taking me to court for abandonment,how can he do that if I never left for more than 2 weeks at a time.and also in 1997 I have court papers from when he would up and leave me and my children for no reason and that's not abandonment.the only reason I left before was he would always...

Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Can the mother of a kid give the kid to the father for 10 months at a time and not have to do anything for the kid or even see the kid, would that be abandonment?

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old daugther that her real father has never seen her and I was wondering how long does it have to be before she is considered being abandon even if he is paying child support? Please help I am very confused:confused:

View more questions Search