Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RubySLily Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Outlook 2007 won't open attachments
    I work in an I.T. department and one of our users has recently installed Outlook 2007.

Whenever he gets an attachment such as a Word document, when he clicks on it to open it, it opens Word, but there is no document. It's just a gray screen. Anyone know why it is doing this? It will open in his email, but he wants it to open in Word.

And second question. His Auto Complete has stopped working. It is set to Auto Complete, but the function is no longer working.

I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Ruby,

I do not know the particulars of your site installation so some of my assumptions are going to be way of base. I ask your indulgences for my errors.

First, since you are the IT agent responsible for your site and this customer is your customer that is loading code on your site, you must make sure that he is using fully licensed code.

Next, Start with Office and one by one step through each applications preferences and options until the application and its sub applications are configured for your system. He or she might be stepping on some site rules that are overriding his personal settings.

Jan 21, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf
    Ruby,

I do not know the particulars of your site installation so some of my assumptions are going to be way of base. I ask your indulgences for my errors.

First, since you are the IT agent responsible for your site and this customer is your customer that is loading code on your site, you must make sure that he is using fully licensed code.

Next, Start with Office and one by one step through each applications preferences and options until the application and its sub applications are configured for your system. He or she might be stepping on some site rules that are overriding his personal settings.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I can't exactly control what this particular user does, as he is the CEO of the company. Anyway, I've already been through all the settings. They appear to be all in order. And this was a computer that we set up for his use in the company so the settings there are correct also.

Feb 6, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Just an update on this. I still have the original problem. But I fixed the auto complete by deleting certain files under application data.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Try Microsoft's Outlook support forum. You can access it from support.microsoft.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotmail - Can't open attachments w/error message [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to send a simple email with a word document attached, but the person I sent it to said they couldn't open the file. So, I tried to send it to myself and I keep getting an error message which says 'the file ___.doc could not be scanned for viruses due to an internal error' & also...

Attachments in Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

How do I create a file to send as an attachment to my e-mail on Outlook Express 6? I cannot find someone who will help me. E-mail me at [email protected].

.jpeg photo attachments in Outlook Express [ 4 Answers ]

How do you stop .jpeg photo attachments from appearing in the body of the text?? These are very annoying, take up a lot of space. They also appear in the body of the email that the recipient gets.

Outlook Express attachments [ 2 Answers ]

When I receive photo attachments (jpg files) in Outlook Express the photo appears in the body of the message but the attachment is removed by OE with the message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail(then lists the attachment file names)" Is this a security...

Outlook Express attachments [ 3 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home and Outlook Express 6.0. I cannot open the attachments that come with my E-Mail. How do I open these attachments. Thank you Fred  NJ USA.

View more questions Search