Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcn007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Hotmail - Can't open attachments w/error message
    I have been trying to send a simple email with a word document attached, but the person I sent it to said they couldn't open the file. So, I tried to send it to myself and I keep getting an error message which says 'the file ___.doc could not be scanned for viruses due to an internal error' & also displays a 'character set' drop down box auto populated with 'auto select'. I have no idea what's going on or how to correct the problem. I have run all virus/spyware programs and system is clean. Any ideas??
    Midfield Maestro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcn007
    I have been trying to send a simple email with a word document attached, but the person I sent it to said they couldn't open the file. So, I tried to send it to myself and I keep getting an error message which says 'the file ___.doc could not be scanned for viruses due to an internal error' & also displays a 'character set' drop down box auto populated with 'auto select'. I have no idea what's going on or how to correct the problem. I have run all virus/spyware programs and system is clean. Any ideas???
    I've been having EXACTLY the same problem. Ive tried to find some kind of help contact on hotmail but there's nothing there. Interestingly I tried attaching the same document in my Yahoo account and sending it and it worked fine which tells me it isn't anything to do with my actual document. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME! I need to send attchments from email and just have NO IDEA how to solve this one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error message - symsetsymaddr64 [ 5 Answers ]

On reboot, Windows XP, I receive a window pop "syssetsymaddr64" savedump.exe not found in DBGhelp.DLL. Not sure what this is or how to fix it.

Msn Windows Live message Error [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys.. I need some help with my msn... its latest version called "windows live" The only problem I have is that when people try to send messages to me on msn, I cannot receive them and they cannot send them.. it says something similar to "This person can not receipt your msg " The...

Yahoo/hotmail attachments [ 1 Answers ]

I am unable to download attachment in one computer and cannot upload in another. Computer just hangs there forever. One computer is located home using cable (can't upload attachment) and the other is located @ work using dsl (can't download attachment). Any one know what is wrong? I think it...

Unable to read file header message when attempting to open jpeg attachments [ 7 Answers ]

I have been unable to open jpeg files that are attached to email for several days! I have tried both Thunderird and Outlook Express and have disabled the block on attachments. No luck! The problem seemed to start when I attempted to load WinFax Pro and had an incomplete installation then when...

View more questions Search