Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Bobby Jindal Inauguration address
    Bobby Jindal is the new Governor of the State of Lousiana (home of New Orleans)

Here is an excerpt of his Inauguration Speech :

We have the opportunity to affect not just our own children's lives... but the lives of Louisiana children yet to be born.

We have the opportunity - born of tragedy but embraced still the same - to make right decades of failure in government.

You have often heard me say that we do not have a poor state, but a state with poor leadership. That we do not have a state stuck in the past, but leaders who were unconcerned with the future.

If we are honest with ourselves, we can all agree that too many of the stereotypes rang true.

In our past, too many politicians looked out for themselves. Too many arms of state and local government did not get results. And the world took note.

Those stereotypes cost us credibility. They cost us investment. They cost us jobs.

Let us all resolve... Democrats and Republicans... North Louisiana and South... leaders of all races and religions... elected and unelected... let us all resolve that era ends today.

We can build a Louisiana where our leaders and our people set the highest standards and hold every member of our government accountable.

... a Louisiana where incompetence is not a synonym for government.
    Baton Rouge Television Weather News Louisiana Sports Health Recipes Events WAFB CBS Programming Mississippi Bobby Jindal Inaugural Address

I think the State of Louisiana has elected a good one. Baton Rouge Television Weather News Louisiana Sports Health Recipes Events WAFB CBS Programming Mississippi Who is Bobby Jindal?
    Now if only NY State would lose the Steamroller Eliot Spitzer http://www.nypost.com/seven/01312007...dric_u__er.htm.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 07:36 AM
    I think LA got a good one, too, but he does face an uphill battle. Good luck with dumping Spitzer - New Orleans re-elected Nagin and Texas re-elected Gov. Goodhair...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's movie bobby tuttle please! [ 4 Answers ]

I remember in this movie, one child called bobby tutle, maybe 12 or 14 years old, liked to play football and one day entered in a structure like piramyd with his uniform, this structure was in his bedroom and went to the past, at Pharaoh's age to be precise. But I don't remember what is the movie...

Bobby hurley rockie card [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how much my Bobby Hurley rookie card is. It's a sky box card. I also have his duke college card which is a American sports card

Cartoon movie about Serpendipity & Bobby [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for the correct name of my older daughter's favorite cartoon movie - it was about a pink sea monster named "Serpendipity" and a little boy named, "Bobby," who becomes her friend. We had this tape in the early 90s, but it broke. Has anyone heard of this movie? I'd love to know the...

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

View more questions Search