Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JustJay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Blocked Pipe
    Hi,

I had a plumber to put a new copper tank in, one problem after another. The problem now is that the pipe that feeds the water to the tank has sucked something in from the tank, How do I get it out. This is a very old house with a pipe coming from the cottage tank to feed it. Is there some sort of flexible wire device than can be fed up a ten foot pipe with bends in it to force the blockage out.

Please help as I have no hot water etc.

Thanks

Jay
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2008, 02:26 PM
    A small plumbing snake generally used for drains. An elecrician's fish tape and or poles.
    You might have to cut and or modify the ends if it's 1/2" pipe.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 02:28 PM
    How big is the pipe you want to rod. Please describe the copper tank, what does it do and what's it for. Is this just a holding tank upstairs?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blocked Vent Pipe Symptoms [ 4 Answers ]

What are the symptoms of a blocked vent pipe from the roof? Is possible for the sewer gas to come through a trap (full of water) when the vent pipe is blocked? Thank you in advance for any help!

How can I get around my school blocked sites? They even got proxy sites blocked. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get around my school blocked sites. They even got our proxy sites blocked> is their any other way?

Blocked pipe or cistern issue? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction! Old aussie toilet, from the '60s. 2 nights ago when flushed, it flushed fine, then the water rose very high up in the bowl, and took ages to get back to normal level. Tried plunging it last night; same deal. The pipe goes...

Soil Stack Vent Pipe/Stench Pipe ( Smelly Drains ) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a downstairs toilet and upstairs toilet ,one above the other.. The soil/stench pipe connects upwards to above the Roof heaves and downward into the sewer... Coupled into the sewer also is a Gully trap drain to take sink and bath / shower wastes and from time to time , from that drain gully...

Blocked central heating hot water pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help me out. A brief senario: the hot water comes out of the boiler and then goes through a pump. After this it get split up 2 ways (1) to the radiators which are hot, working and not the problem. (2) The problem path is through a hot water to water heat exchanger tank...

View more questions Search