Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 15, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Shower Drain Problem
    Donnavillegas
    New Member Join Date: Jan 2008
    I recently had my shower remodeled with slate and the contractor (who cannot be found) did not cover the drain pipe. The pipe was severely clogged and my husband decided he would try and fix. There is now a hole in the drain pvc pipe that is not easily accesible and I really do not want to rip out the new slate floor. Any suggestions?
    Your help is much appreciated!!
    OK! Let me see if I have this correct. The plumber left the shower drain without a strainer to cover the drain hole. The drain filled up with crud and stopped up. When hubby went to unclog it he put a hole in, the trap? The raiser from the trap? What? How did he do that? Where's the shower located? First floor on a slab? Second floor? If you had to get to the broken pipe how could you do it? How big's the hole in the pipe? Waiting on your answer, Tom
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 06:55 PM
    I can't remember the name of the acid but the stuff ac guys use to clean a coil is good for dissolving grout. One drawback though, a little bit does a lot and it bubbles like a coke bottle overflowing and dissolves all the grout it touches instantly. I did this on a clogged shower, it cleared the drain but then I had to regrout the shower floor. Wear a mask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet and shower drain problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have had sewer problems for the past 5 months. They came out and snaked the lines twice and put in a clean out and the city changed my lateral. The snake worked the first time for 5 weeks and the second time it didn't but the city said the lateral pipe coming in was loaded with roots and...

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

(Another) Odor from basement shower drain problem [ 3 Answers ]

I know, not another question about shower drain, but I have a problem. I have searched this forum, and read some helpful tips for getting rid of the odor from the basement shower drain. The problem is, about two weeks ago for the first time since I have moved into my house (8 months ago) I...

Shower/tub Drain Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a major problem finishing a unfinished bathroom in my basement. There is the access hole in the foundation but no drain was put in there. The drain pipe runs down the wall from the upstairs bathroom but putting a tee onto it above the foundation would put it higher than the drain in the...

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search