Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elfarley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Hot water in bathroom sink stays on for a second, then cuts off
    About 5 months ago the hot water in my bathroom sink started making loud hammering noises. I reported it to my landlord, but he has yet to fix the problem. Now the hot water will only stay on for a second and then cuts off. I hear a single knock coming from downstairs when it cuts off (I rent the top floor and have no access to the hot water heater or pipes below). I have a chrome faucet which I know is at least partly plastic. Is there anything I can do from the sink/faucet standpoint that may fix the problem? It isn't an "emergency", but it's pretty annoying to only have cold water. The pressure for both the cold and hot is fine. The hot just shuts off. Thanks, elf.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Do you have stops on the suplly lines below the sink? Is this one handle or two, one hot one cold?
    elfarley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Sorry it took so long to answer--won't even go into details about my heating problem--the faucet has 2 shutoff valves below the sink for hot and cold. The faucet has two knobs, one for hot, one for cold. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom sink has no water, but the rest of the house does [ 9 Answers ]

I noticed today that the faucet in the bathroom doesn't have h or c water, but the rest of the house mainly the adjoining toilet, shower and faucet on the second all work. Can someone please provide some support? The plumber at Lowe's suggested that I shut off the supply lines for a few minutes...

Bathroom sink gets no water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of updating my bathroom, and am having some problems with the sink. I installed a Pedestal type sink which was my first mistake. But the problem Im having is with the pipes (which come up from the floor). I installed cutoff valves above the floor, which take in from the...

Hot water run in bathroom cuts out hot water in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Currently in our bungalow, if we run hot water in the bath & also run hot water in the kitchen tap, after a few seconds water from the kitchen taps stops. If we turn off the bath tap, water still refuses to flow from the kitchen tap. My wife knows a little about the history of the...

No hot water in the shower /sink in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I vetwo bathrooms server served by the same hot water tank from the attic. The master bed room bathroom doesn't get hot water in the sink or shower. Any clues ?

View more questions Search